Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Round Numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Round Numbers

Hello!

Does anyone have a Round Numbers indicator for Ninjatrader 8?
    Or can someone convert the existing NT7 one attached to this post?

Thank you!
    Attached Files

Hello otislauwaert,

Thank you for your post.

I don't see that the author of this item has updated it for NT8 at this point. I was unable to locate anything else similar by the description.

I took a look at the code in the indicator provided and it appears to be fairly simple so I did a basic conversion of the code into NT8 format as a starting point for anyone who wants to continue working on this item. Please note I have only compared this to the NT7 output but have not fully tested this for full time use.

Conversions are not a service that our support provides so this is not something I would be able to continue to work on, however, the item I have attached seems to work similar to the original item so it would serve as a good starting point. I utilized the logic of the original script but did need to move to use newer rendering code for nt8 so it may not work identically in terms of scaling width for the line but I can see the same prices are being drawn on. You can certainly change this as you feel fit or if you feel it needs to closer match the original that uses a drawing tool instead of rendering directly.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
    Attached Files
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jesse.

Thank you for your time and effort to convert this indicator.
      There does however seem to be an error when attempting to import it.
      "Import failed. The NinjaScript Archive File may contain duplicate method names that already exist on your PC etc etc..."

I do not have the indicator loaded in NT7/8.

Comment

Hello otislauwaert,

This would be for 8 specifically, do you have the most recent version of NT8 installed? The export is source code so this should not contain anything that can conflict unless you have something with the same name already imported, or are using a version of NT8 that is older and does not contain some part of the script.

I tried importing this into a clean install and it worked so this is likely related to something isolated on your end.

You can manually import just the .cs file and then compile in the NInjaScript editor to view the specific error on your end. The .cs file in the zip would need to be extracted to the folder: Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicators

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi there hope you are well was reading the post as I was looking for the same thing for Ninja 8 rounded numbers . Any joy?

Comment

I have got the same error when importing to NT 8. Following Jesse's instruction I have got it work. Here is the one that works with latest NT 8.
            RoundNumbers.zip

Comment

Good morning y84sun, thank you for the indicator! However, I wasn't able to add in the numbers I specifically want like the NT7 version. For example, on the NQ I would like to enter 55.00 and have it only plot the lines on the price levels that end with 55.00, is there a way to achieve this behavior? I tried looking at the code on NT7 but I'm still learning and I can tell this may be way out of my capabilities to spot what I would need to change.

Comment

Hello, thanks for the indicator. It works for me, however I would like to add some details such as being able to choose the type of line and the length of the line.

I tried to modify the line, although I succeeded in other indicators in this one, no. I have the impression that there are several code configurations to do one thing. I tried to add a dashStyle to change the line, I got errors. I turn to Addplot, but it does not exist in the indicator, incomprehensible to me!

I added an AddPlot, but it does not take over the Line present so it is of no use. I just need to change the line with a dash, but I haven't found it yet

I tried to add DashStyle Helper.Dash as specified in the help but it does not work. https://ninjatrader.com/fr/support/helpGuides/nt8/NT%20HelpGuide%20English.html?line_class.htm

Well, I've been on this code for 4 hours trying to change the line with hyphens, no way..... If anyone has a solution, thanks in advance.
                Last edited by Max238; 02-19-2024, 05:22 AM.

Comment

This indicator is using OnRender instead of Plots so it's a little more complicated to change styles
                  Look at line 106 if you want different styles.
                  I did code one that used the StrokeStyle enum but it produced some odd behaviour (eg Dot produced no line at all!). So I figured if you like
                  DotDash or Solid,etc just change the code word and your done.

ps To Ninja - your help page Using SharpDx for custom rendering suggests putting the new StrokeStyle in OnStateConfigure which is incorrect - or at least it doesn't work!

NB THIS WILL OVERWRITE THE ORIGINAL CODE
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Mindset; 02-19-2024, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Thanks Mindset, this is exactly the result I wanted.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post jaybedreamin  
                    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post DJ888