Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator using fishertransform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator using fishertransform

I am a novice with the Strategy Builder. It has been suggested that I join education webinars but I am at work during the presentations. Are these recorded for playback later?
    I have also read through the Strategy Builder user guide.

I only want to paint an arrow at the high and low bars a swing using the Fishertransform with thresholds.
    I have attached a chart, Strategy Builder and script to explain.

Attached Files

Hello Stuhr,

Thanks for your post.

Here is a link to a recording of the strategy builder webinar for your convenience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCyt...ZmVnauWXkWe0Nf

Regarding the strategy, keep in mind that when you apply the script that it will process the code from the very beginning of your data to the right edge which means it will mark your conditions as it finds them going left to right. To then paint only the highest or lowest you would need to add further logic to the strategy that would allow you to compare the previously marked locations and if the newer one should be marked then you would need to remove the previous draw object. You can do this by using the method RemoveDrawObject available in the "actions" under the "Misc> folder and you would need to provide the "tagname" of the previous object to be removed. You would likely need to simplify the tag name to something like "Up" and "Down" and add the CurrentBars[0]. This means you would also need to save the CurrentBars[0] to an int variable when you draw the arrow so that if you need to remove the previous instance of the arrow you can use the simplified tag name + the variable in the remove drawobject. Just doing this though you would only end up with just the latest arrow on each side which would not meet your needs so you would need to add additional bool based logic to say it is okay to remove the previous arrow or not and this could be the difficult part where your code would need to know if it is okay to remove the previous instance or not. As the fisher transform seems to be an oscillator you may be able to use that as the differentiation on keeping an arrow or not. There may be other ways to accomplish your goal and what I've provided has not been tested.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Paul Thank you for the reply.

I have watched the video that you sent the link to a few times now and will keep watching for more clarity. For me and my eyes, the color of NinjaTrader makes it hard for me to see it clearly, I also learn by doing. I have tested many of the suggestions you have given and will test the new suggestions also.

Thanks again,

Mike

Comment

Hello Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

Thanks for your feedback concerning the video, we appreciate it.

Comment

Her is how I limit my indicator to one trade per direction:

Variables: Name: Type: Default:
          Trend int 1

Conditions and Actions

User variables
          For long
          Trend!=1 Trend not equal to 1

Do the Following

Misc.
          Set Trend
          Trend 1

Trend = 1;

For short use 2

Comment

It seems that webinars is a rather good idea. Where will you apply them?

Comment

Ninjatrader has many instructional webinars relating to the use of NinjaTrader.

Comment

Hello JordanWyatt,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

Here is a link to the current NinjaTrader webinars (free): https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformTraining

Comment

Originally posted by Stuhr View Post
                  I am a novice with the Strategy Builder. It has been suggested that I join education webinars but I am at work during the presentations. Are these recorded for playback later?
                  I have also read through the Strategy Builder user guide.

I only want to paint an arrow at the high and low bars a swing using the Fishertransform with thresholds.
                  I have attached a chart, Strategy Builder and script to explain.
                  Is there any classical course for this strategy ?
                  I don't know if the course that I am following (on this website: https://www.mytradingskills.com/) covers this strategy or not.
                  Thanks !
                  Last edited by Egnazio; 07-23-2019, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Hello Egnazio,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

Please look at post #2 in this thread for a link to the webinar recording of the Strategy Builder.
                    If you would prefer to attend a live training webinar, please see the link in my post #8.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                    47 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post aligator  
                    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes