Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Rsioma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rsioma

hello, I'm wondering if it would be simple to create the following indicator , since I can't seem to find it anywhere!

RSIOMA is the abbreviation for Relative Strength index (RSI) of moving averages (MA). This custom built indicator is based on calculating the relative strength of two moving averages and the smoothes out the RSI using a moving average. Combined, the RSIOMA oscillator depicts trend changes in prices relative to the time frame. The RSIOMA can be used as a signal generator by itself.

Thanks!

Hello drewski1980,

Thanks for your post.

The difficulty would lie in how complicated the code is on another platform or how clear the study would be for someone to create the indicator from scratch.

I did see that there is an open source MQ4 version available from MetaTrader. If someone wanted, they could convert this indicator, but that individual would have to be familiar with NinjaScript as well as MQ4 code in order to create a proper conversion. If you were to take on this task, I would suggest getting a basic familiarity with NinjaScript indicators so you are comfortable creating your own custom indicators. From there, I would suggest to reference the MQ4 code and associated documentation, and then to find parallels for NinjaScript.

We would not be able to provide assistance for converting another platform's script as we are not trained experts for using their platform. However, you may also wish to reference some Trader's Tips articles that offer MetaTrader code where we have created a conversion for additional direction when converting.

Trader's Tips conversions on our User App Share - https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...%20commodities

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Most of the indicators available on NinjaTrader are open source and could be referenced to get more familiar with NinjaScript indicators. I'll also include a link to our NinjaScript Language Reference.

NinjaScript Language Reference - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...erence_wip.htm

If you would like to have a professional NinjaScript Consultant create this conversion for you, we can have a representative of our EcoSystem reach out with more information.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DJ888
    by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
    0 responses