Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

SMI Stochastics Momentum Indicator for NT8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SMI Stochastics Momentum Indicator for NT8?

Does anybody have a version of the Stochastics Momentum Indicator for NT8? I searched in the file sharing section and found one but it's in an old thread from 2010. Tried to download and import with NT8 but it gives an error that it was made with an older incompatible version. Anyone have this for NT8? Would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
    Tenfold
    Support for the development of custom indicators using NinjaScript.

Hello Tenfold,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

The StochasticMomentumIndicator, SMI, for NT8, is included with the indicator D3Spotter in the NT user apps of the ecosystem. Here is a link: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...d3spotterv3-2/

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for sending that but that does not appear to be what I'm looking for. After taking a look at this script it still does not match up to the way Think or Swim has the SMI indicator and the math behind it. Do you know of any others by chance?

Comment

Hello Tenfold,

Thanks for your reply.

I am unaware of any other versions.

If you would like a special indicator created for you we can provide references to 3rd party programmers who would be happy to create this for you.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
          Hello Tenfold,

Thanks for your reply.

I am unaware of any other versions.

If you would like a special indicator created for you we can provide references to 3rd party programmers who would be happy to create this for you.
          Hi Paul,

Here is an NT8 Version of the SMI that I have. I do not know what parameters TOS version has but the parameters here can be customized.

Please feel free to post it as you wish.

Cheers!

SMI.cs

Comment

Hello aligator,

Thanks for your post.

The code is relatively the same as what is provided in the D3spotter SMI download and is the same as the NT7 version.

I have no knowledge of the TOS version.

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post

Hi Paul,

Here is an NT8 Version of the SMI that I have. I do not know what parameters TOS version has but the parameters here can be customized.

Please feel free to post it as you wish.

Cheers!

[ATTACH]n1048849[/ATTACH]
              Thank you Aligator, that is the math function of the SMI that I was looking for as it uses the EMA's. Appreciate it greatly!

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
                Hello aligator,

Thanks for your post.

The code is relatively the same as what is provided in the D3spotter SMI download and is the same as the NT7 version.

I have no knowledge of the TOS version.
                Hi Paul,

I do not use D3SpotterV3, but I just checked the NT8 version posted under User Apps here:

This version is a small adjustment due to an omission in the code which is picked up by NT8.0.9.0. Basically the code for Draw.TriangleUp and DrawTriangleDown was missing a reference before CurrentBars, and so causing a drawing objects error. I have made various adjustments to the D3SpotterV3 indicator, as follows: • The main adjustment is […]

It does not include any kind of SMI file.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello Alligator,

Thanks for your reply.

Good observation, I was looking at the SMI that I have which I added to the original D3spotter NT8 conversion. It looks like when they moved the file sharing area to the ecosystem they only took the latest D3Spotter that was changed by someone and you are correct they did not include the SMI. I'll see what needs to be done to get that sorted. In the meantime, you are welcome of course to submit the SMI as a separate indicator if you wish.

Comment

Paul, I am trying to find a good SMI indicator. I saw you linked to vspotter, but it does not include the SMI file. I even extracted the zip file and sure enough, no SMI. Help?

Comment

Hello matthew splitt,

Thanks for your post.

We are trying to sort out the D3spotter issue as there were a few version originally listed that did include the SMI indicator.

For your convenience I have attached the SMI indicator that originally came with the D3Spotter.

SMI.zip

Comment

Paul can you send link for current updated NT8 & NT7 D3Spotter indicator. My downloaded version on 9/27/2017 of D3Spotter is causing my NT8 to freeze up. I really like this indicator if i can keeping it working. Thanks

Comment

Hello RGridley,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

Here are the NT user app links (ecosystem)

NT8: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...d3spotterv3-2/

NT7: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...d/d3spotterv3/

Please note: The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Those are the same zip's i have. these need some work. My platform keeps freezing and my cursor in any crosshairs is sporatic or won't work at all. I will reach out to George W. and see what he suggests. thanks

Comment

Hello RGridley,

Thanks for your reply.

From your description, there may be something else going on with your system. Please feel free to write into PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]com and attach your log and trace files so we may review. Please do not post those here as they contain your information.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:52 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post ScottWalsh  
                              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes