• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Nt7 to nt8 indicator conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nt7 to nt8 indicator conversion

Would anyone be interested in converting this NT7 indicator to NT8? I requested this in another forum but not much luck there so far. It looks like this forum might be better for this request since I see a lot of other conversions being requested and completed here. I have attached the NT7 version. Please note that this is not the same as the "Dynamic SR Lines" indicator which is already available in the user app share site. I would really appreciate any help since I can't (and don't want to learn how to) do this myself.

DynamicSR.zip

Hello rblunsom,

Thanks for your post.

Our NinjaScript team has performed several popular conversions for NinjaTrader 7 indicators so they can be used on NinjaTrader 8. While our team has performed several conversions and have converted requested indicators, we cannot create modify or debug code for our clients since we are a small team.

As a courtesy and due to the simplicity of the indicator, we have approved and completed this conversion. If you would like to have more indicators converted at your request, we could have a representative of our EcoSystem reach out with information on NinjaScript Consultants who would be happy to do so.

Link: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...indicator-nt8/

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I want to thank Jim and Ninjatrader support for converting my indicator to NT8. You guys are great, and Ninjatrader has the best support I have ever seen or heard of. Thank you very much!
      rblunsom

Comment

Hello,

I am not sure if I posting this request in the correct location, if not i'm sorry. I am finally moving completely over to NT8, but there 1 indicator that I have been using in NT7 that of course no longer works, is there anyone who would be willing to convert this indicator to the NT8 format, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
        Dorian
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Dorian,

Thanks for your message.

As we are a small team, we cannot convert all indicators that are requested and we will generally suggest hiring a NinjaScript consultant to complete the conversion. For this particular item, we have approved a conversion by our NinjaScript Support team. Please allow sometime for us to work on this conversion, and we will reply back with a link once completed.

Thanks for your patience.
          JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Dorian,

Thank you for your patience.

I do apologize, but we will be unable to complete this conversion as it requires dynamic loading of data series, which is unreliable at best. Objects such as Instruments, Bars, BarsPeriods, etc. are not reliably accessible in State.Configure. They are randomly accessible, but you cannot rely upon them being accessible, thus we cannot directly support this. I have added a vote for you to an existing feature request to allow dynamically loading data series which you may track under the number SFT-882. Should this ability be added to future versions of the platform, you can find this under that number in the release notes.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
            Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Guru73, Today, 02:47 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post Guru73
            by Guru73

Started by pjsmith, Today, 02:44 AM
            0 responses