Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Nt7 to nt8 indicator conversion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nt7 to nt8 indicator conversion

Would anyone be interested in converting this NT7 indicator to NT8? I requested this in another forum but not much luck there so far. It looks like this forum might be better for this request since I see a lot of other conversions being requested and completed here. I have attached the NT7 version. Please note that this is not the same as the "Dynamic SR Lines" indicator which is already available in the user app share site. I would really appreciate any help since I can't (and don't want to learn how to) do this myself.

DynamicSR.zip

Hello rblunsom,

Thanks for your post.

Our NinjaScript team has performed several popular conversions for NinjaTrader 7 indicators so they can be used on NinjaTrader 8. While our team has performed several conversions and have converted requested indicators, we cannot create modify or debug code for our clients since we are a small team.

As a courtesy and due to the simplicity of the indicator, we have approved and completed this conversion. If you would like to have more indicators converted at your request, we could have a representative of our EcoSystem reach out with information on NinjaScript Consultants who would be happy to do so.

Link: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...indicator-nt8/

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I want to thank Jim and Ninjatrader support for converting my indicator to NT8. You guys are great, and Ninjatrader has the best support I have ever seen or heard of. Thank you very much!
      rblunsom

Comment

Hello,

I am not sure if I posting this request in the correct location, if not i'm sorry. I am finally moving completely over to NT8, but there 1 indicator that I have been using in NT7 that of course no longer works, is there anyone who would be willing to convert this indicator to the NT8 format, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
        Dorian
        Attached Files

Comment

Hello Dorian,

Thanks for your message.

As we are a small team, we cannot convert all indicators that are requested and we will generally suggest hiring a NinjaScript consultant to complete the conversion. For this particular item, we have approved a conversion by our NinjaScript Support team. Please allow sometime for us to work on this conversion, and we will reply back with a link once completed.

Thanks for your patience.
          JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Dorian,

Thank you for your patience.

I do apologize, but we will be unable to complete this conversion as it requires dynamic loading of data series, which is unreliable at best. Objects such as Instruments, Bars, BarsPeriods, etc. are not reliably accessible in State.Configure. They are randomly accessible, but you cannot rely upon them being accessible, thus we cannot directly support this. I have added a vote for you to an existing feature request to allow dynamically loading data series which you may track under the number SFT-882. Should this ability be added to future versions of the platform, you can find this under that number in the release notes.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
            Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Help

I find this indicator for NJT 7 but doesn t work for NJT8?
              Someone hel me
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello ropofb,

Thank you for your reply.

NinjaTrader 7 indicators are incompatible with NinjaTrader 8 due to a number of changes in NinjaScript between the two versions. There are versions of the ForceIndex indicator available for NinjaTrader 8 on our User App Share. Here's an example:

https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...ad/forceindex/

It does look like the one you've linked is a bit different, so you might try searching the User App Share to see if you can find something closer:

We generally do not do conversions of indicators for users; however, you could certainly tackle converting the indicator yourself if you can't find one that works for you on the User App Share. Here's a link to our help guide that goes over Code Breaking Changes between NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ng_changes.htm

As my colleague Jim mentioned earlier in the thread, you can also contact one of our professional NinjaScript Consultants or Educators who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. Please let me know if you would like a list of professional NinjaScript Consultants or Educators who would be happy to create or modify any script at your request or assist you in learning NinjaScript.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Dear Jim and Kate

I have a NT7 indicator as attached which I can't find the author now but I am currently using NT8 for everything.
                  Could you please kindly convert it into NT8 one? Or you may have other suggestions or anyone I can contact with for help?
                  Thank you in advance!

Best Regards
                  Jack
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hello chiyu219,

While our team is occasionally able to make exceptions to the general rule for simple conversions or popularly requested ones, this would be a more complex conversion that we would not be able to complete on your behalf. If you are interested, we could have a representative of our EcoSystem reach out with information on NinjaScript Consultants who would be happy to convert the indicator for you or assist you in your own conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
                      Hello chiyu219,

While our team is occasionally able to make exceptions to the general rule for simple conversions or popularly requested ones, this would be a more complex conversion that we would not be able to complete on your behalf. If you are interested, we could have a representative of our EcoSystem reach out with information on NinjaScript Consultants who would be happy to convert the indicator for you or assist you in your own conversion.

Yes please message me about details. Thanks!

Comment

Hello chiyu219,

Thank you for your post.

You can search our list of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more:
                        You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
                        Thomas C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
                        0 responses
                        1 view
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Javierw.ok  
                        Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
                        2 responses