Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Get Value from all Indicators in a Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get Value from all Indicators in a Chart

Hi,

Is it possible to acces and get the value of all Indicators, that are in a Chart?
    So, if I have an indicator, from which I don't know the code, can I get its value and print it to a file?

Thx,

Originally posted by artson View Post
    Hi,

Is it possible to acces and get the value of all Indicators, that are in a Chart?
    So, if I have an indicator, from which I don't know the code, can I get its value and print it to a file?

Thx,
    Yes, but it is convoluted and non-trivial.

Maybe if you stated your larger purpose, someone might be able to show you how to achieve it in a different and easier manner. Why would you need to query the chart for its indicators, if you can simply let your indicator load a copy of the specific indicator that you want and query that?

Comment

Hi,

koganam: what do you mean by:
      "let your indicator load a copy of the specific indicator that you want and query that"

I only want in a programm to know the values from an indicator being ploted in a Chart.
      Really I want to print it out to a text file, to be able to study it later....

I think I read it was possible to "jump" throug the indicators on a chart and to get its value...
      This is what I was asking for..., but, of course, I you know an easier way, please

Comment

Originally posted by artson View Post
        Hi,

koganam: what do you mean by:
        "let your indicator load a copy of the specific indicator that you want and query that"

I only want in a programm to know the values from an indicator being ploted in a Chart.
        Really I want to print it out to a text file, to be able to study it later....

I think I read it was possible to "jump" throug the indicators on a chart and to get its value...
        This is what I was asking for..., but, of course, I you know an easier way, please
        So are you saying then that you want to manually load an indicator on a chart, then use an indicator to read the values of the indicator that you have manually loaded on the chart?

Comment

Hi,

I want to print to a text file the values from an indicator. I cannot acces to the code from this indicator to print out the plot.....

Comment

Hello arston,

Thanks for your post.

You could attempt something like the below:

Code:
            lock (ChartControl.Indicators)
            {
                foreach (IndicatorBase indi in ChartControl.Indicators)
                {
                    for (int i = 0; i < indi.Plots.Count(); i++)
                    {
                        if (indi.Plots[i] != null)
                        {
                            for (int j = 0; j < indi.Values[i].Count; j++)
                            {
                                Print(String.Format("Name: {0}, Index: {1} Value: {2} PlotName: {3}", indi.Name, j, indi.Values[i].GetValueAt(j), indi.Plots[i].Name));
                            }
                        }
                    }
                }
            }
            However, this code should not be used in OnBarUpdate, and would be best performed from a user event like from a button press (see example attached.)

Keep in mind, this looks at all indexes for all plots from all indicators on the chart. If the indicator exposes data in another fashion, additional code would be needed to read those properties. An example for writing to file with a StreamWriter can be found below.

It also may be easier to add create an indicator that adds the indicators that you want to see and write those indicator values to file as OnBarUpdate processes each bar.

SampleStreamWriter - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...o_write_to.htm

Please let us know if you have any questions.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 04-12-2021, 06:40 AM.
            JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks a lot Jim

I'll try to "digest" your explanation and your code, as I'm not even a beginner in programming........

Comment

Hello artson,

Also to consider, we do have an EcoSystem of vendors and consultants who would be happy to build a tool for your that accomplishes this task at your request.

If this is something that interests you, please let me know and I can have a representative of our EcoSystem reach out with additional information.
                JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This is exactly what I'm looking for...as it will allow me to customize my own routines that will read DataBox Plots values directly. Many thanks!!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by JonesJoker, 04-22-2024, 12:23 PM
                  8 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post JonesJoker  
                  Started by timko, Today, 06:45 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post timko