Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Unable to import protected indicators.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to import protected indicators.

I have problem with one customer who's trying to import my protected indicators :
    Message error : “Warning This NinjaScript archive was made from an older, incompatible version of Ninja Trader”.

Before getting that error he also reported this problem :
    I got the following message when I tried to open my ninja trader after I downloaded your product:

Error :
    Unable to Recover NinjaTrader custom assembly. Please reinstall NinjaTrader. The process cannot access the file “c:\Users\ben\Documents\NinjaTrader8|bin|Custom|Ni njaTrader.Vendor.dll” because it is being used by another process.

I told him to completely shut down his PC and restart it.

I have other customers who already downloaded my protected indicators without any problems. ( I don't know why it is telling that it is an incompatible version of Ninja Trader )

Could you please help me on this.

Thank you

Hello blar58,

Thank you for the question.

The error that the user is seeing is more of a general error, this could also include future versions of the platform. Something about either the .zip or the combination of versions is not matching up here. Have you at this point checked what version of NinjaTrader the user is running? If you are on a more recent version, they may get this error trying to import the item. A simple solution may be to update the users NinjaTrader to see if that is the cause.

The other error of the file being used by another process could indicate that the platform did not shut down all the way, or that it was still open in the process list. Restarting the PC was a good choice in this case as that would close the process. This could also be caused by third-party scanning software or sync software holding the .dll file in memory. If there are cloud sync programs or antivirus programs running, you may try closing them and repeat testing.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Jesse
      Yes I checked if he had the latest Ninja Trader 8 version.
      I checked with other customers and everything went fine with them.

Comment

I do not want to lose my customer. Is it possible to arrange a remote session with him ?

Thanks

Comment

Hello blar58,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, the user can certainly write in any time they need to however we would not be able to reach out directly to them as the first point of contact.

If you have exhausted your troubleshooting, please have the client email into platform support [at] ninjatrader.com for further assistance. I would suggest having the client attach the .zip file they are trying to import along with the error message in either text or as an image.

We can test the export in a clean install first to ensure everything is working as expected. We may additionally request the log and trace files from the user prior to scheduling remote support, I just wanted to set the expectation that we may not immediately schedule remote support and may need to still do some troubleshooting to find what is happening. It may be helpful if the user sends in the log and trace files in addition to the .zip as their first inquiry, here are steps to manually attach the log and trace files:
          • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to Documents > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
          • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
          • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
          • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
          JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by proptrade13, Today, 11:06 AM
          1 response
          0 likes