Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator/script in NT8 which opens charts based on set of dates from Excel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator/script in NT8 which opens charts based on set of dates from Excel?

Hello everyone,

I'm sorting some statistical data in Excel throughout the trading day and end up finding a resulting set of dates. It might look like this:

What I then like to do is to view these selected dates/charts in NT8. Typically, I have 8 windows/tabs already open for this and manually one-by-one open it by copy and pasting dates, i.e., copy 11.03.2019 from Excel cell --> Paste into selected date in NT8. Copy 25.02.2019 -> Paste. Etc., for all 8 dates (could be more, could be less).

While this works, it would be a lot easier if it could be automated and it is time consuming the way I do it.

Would there be a way to automate this process in NT8? Somehow how NT8 read this date column and open charts with each date? Or copy and paste the date range into an indicator which opens these charts?

I already talked to a guy who have done some programming for me in NT8 and he was at a loss for how to accomplish this.

Finally, this does NOT need to happen in NT8. If there's some other software which lets me to this, I suppose I can use that also. The main idea is to quickly being able to quickly visualize/watch this data/dates.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Johnny,

Thank you for your post.

I am unaware of any way in NinjaScript to open a new chart and configure its DataSeries properties, this is likely something I will need to put in a feature request for. Tracking ID: SFT-377

As for external software, I don't know of any specific software personally but something that could do this type of automation would likely fall in the category of "macro software". You can likely find this type of software using a search engine fairly easily searching for mouse automation or macro software, however, I couldn't suggest anything specific here. If other users have experience with any external software they will surely post it here.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jesse; 03-21-2019, 08:34 AM.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post AveryFlynn  
    Started by RubenCazorla, 08-30-2022, 06:36 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes