Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Performance advice for Market Analyzer columns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Performance advice for Market Analyzer columns

In the past, when I wanted to create a script to run within Market Analyzer, I would simply create an indicator and use the "indicator" type as the Market Analyzer column. Is there any performance hit for that method? (as opposed to creating a specific "Market Analyzer column" type?)

Second, if I have an indicator that has multiple plots and could output to 2 or more columns (sometimes as much as 10 columns/plots), is there any way to have a single script (or "Market Analyzer column" script) output to multiple columns at once? Instead of having the overhead of running the script, individually, 2+ times to only output a different plot value each time?

In other words, if I have a script that has 10 plots, I would have to have that indicator run 10 individual times (once for each column), each with a different plot value selected? Is there a better way?

Thank you for any advice anyone could provide!

Hello neoikon,

With MarketAnalyzerColumn scripts these update on each market update as the data series properties cannot be set. With an indicator you can choose to have the indicator update when the bar closes or on each price change which is more efficient than every market update.

NinjaTrader caches indicators automatically in the background if they are using the same properties for the same instrument.

As far as multiple plots, the attractive way would be adding multiple instances of the indicator as separate columns as you are doing. But a MarketAnalyzerColumn script could set the text to all of the values and separate these with spaces or vertical lines or something. Then you could have one instance of the script (per instrument) that is writing all of the values as the same time.. this probably would not be as aesthetically pleasing.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
    11 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post frankthearm  
    Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
    1 response
    0 likes