Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Draw.Line does not work as expected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Draw.Line does not work as expected

Here's my simple calculation:
    Lookback is set as input parameter. int 30

double avg = SMA(Close, Lookback)[0];
    Draw.Line(this, "SM1", false, Lookback, avg, 0, avg, Brushes.LimeGreen, DashStyleHelper.Dot, 2);

If I set Lookback to 10, I can see the line but if i set it to 30 there's no lines...

What I'm trying to do is horizontally draw the final value of SMA last 30 bars.

I see that if i set Lookback to 13, nothing drawn. It works until 12

Comment

Hello Atilla,

May I confirm that you are not attempting to draw more bars back than exist?

Is CurrentBar greater than the Lookback variable?

Are any errors appearing in the Log tab of the Control Center?
      If so, what do these say?
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Actually when i check CurrentBar this fixed the problem. I didn't know that.

Here what I'm trying to do is to draw a horizontal line for each given time. For example every 30 bars, i would like to draw first bars open price as horizontal line. But I couldn't do it. I'm using Draw.Line. Last bar is 0 but i don't know what is first bar. Also when i draw an open price with tag, new tag overrides it i think.

Comment

Hello Atilla,

To draw a horizontal line at the open of a bar on the first bar of a session.

if (Bars.IsFirstBarOfSession)
          Draw.HorizontalLine(this, "openHLine" + CurrentBar, Open[0], Brushes.LimeGreen);

You can use a counter to draw something every 30 bars.

Any barsAgo index used must be less than the number of bars available (CurrentBar).

if (CurrentBar > 10)
          Draw.Line(this, "myLine" + CurrentBar, 10, Open[0], 0, Open[0], Brushes.LimeGreen);

Also, a note from the help guide:
          "2.Set unique tag values for each draw object, unless you intend for new draw objects to replace existing objects with the same tag. A common trick is to incorporate the bar number as part of the unique tag identifier. For example, if you wanted to draw a dot that indicated a buying condition above a bar, you could express it:
          Draw.Dot(this, CurrentBar.ToString() + "Buy", false, 0, High[0] + TickSize, Brushes.ForestGreen);"

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
            Hello Atilla,

To draw a horizontal line at the open of a bar on the first bar of a session.

if (Bars.IsFirstBarOfSession)
            Draw.HorizontalLine(this, "openHLine" + CurrentBar, Open[0], Brushes.LimeGreen);

You can use a counter to draw something every 30 bars.

Any barsAgo index used must be less than the number of bars available (CurrentBar).

if (CurrentBar > 10)
            Draw.Line(this, "myLine" + CurrentBar, 10, Open[0], 0, Open[0], Brushes.LimeGreen);

Also, a note from the help guide:
            "2.Set unique tag values for each draw object, unless you intend for new draw objects to replace existing objects with the same tag. A common trick is to incorporate the bar number as part of the unique tag identifier. For example, if you wanted to draw a dot that indicated a buying condition above a bar, you could express it:
            Draw.Dot(this, CurrentBar.ToString() + "Buy", false, 0, High[0] + TickSize, Brushes.ForestGreen);"
            https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...us/drawing.htm
            I will have a look thank you. But there's a problem. Even I set Calculate = Calculate.OnBarClose; "(State == SetDefaults) area", I think NT calculates every tick. It's being slow. I am not actually calculating each update.

Comment

Hello Atilla,

Defaults are only pulled from State.SetDefaults when a new instance of the script is added. Are you adding a new instance of the script?

What is Calculate set to in the script parameters?

Are you adding prints to the script and seeing a print for each tick?

Is there a 1 tick series added to the script?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post elirion
              by elirion

Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
              0 responses