Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

AddVolumetric, use same BarsPeriodType as primary data series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AddVolumetric, use same BarsPeriodType as primary data series

Since AddVolumetric needs to be in State.Configure, is there a way to know the BarsPeriodType so that it can be the same as the primary data series? This would be really helpful to be able to add a volumetric data series that is the same instrument and bar period as the primary data series.

Thank you

Hello zextra,

There is no supported way of knowing the primary series BarsPeriod information before State.DataLoaded. Further, it is not supported to use dynamic variables in AddVolumetric() or AddDataSeries().

"Arguments supplied to AddDataSeries() should be hardcoded and NOT dependent on run-time variables which cannot be reliably obtained during State.Configure (e.g., Instrument, Bars, or user input). Attempting to add a data series dynamically is NOT guaranteed and therefore should be avoided. Trying to load bars dynamically may result in an error similar to: Unable to load bars series. Your NinjaScript may be trying to use an additional data series dynamically in an unsupported manner."

I will submit a feature request on your behalf for the development team to consider allowing the BarsPeriod information of the primary series in State.Configure and a request to allow dynamic variables in add methods. Once I have tracking IDs for these requests I will post in this thread for future reference.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, I would greatly appreciate that

Comment

Hello zextra,

I have received tracking ID# SFT-3948 for the request for the primary bars BarsPeriod to be available in State.Configure and tracking ID# SFT-3949 for this request to use dynamic variables with Add() methods.

Please note it is up to the NinjaTrader Development to decide if or when any request will be implemented.

We appreciate your feedback.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Where can I finde and install the volumetric bar to my MT8 Life time

Comment

Hello jan björklund,

Welcome to the forums!

After installing the current version of NinjaTrader 8 and entering your LifeTime licence in the Control Center under Help > License Key, you will then be able to open a new chart (Control Center > New > Chart) and select Volumetric Bars as your BarsType.

You may download the most recent version of NinjaTrader 8 here - https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
            JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Haiasi, Today, 06:53 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
            1 response
            0 likes