Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Exporting a Study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exporting a Study

I used the instructions in the help guide to export a complied assembly.I dragged the zip file into a gmail to send it to someone and I got this error:

Any ideas why this happened? Also, are there any resources available that explain how to create a simple installer?

Hello swcooke ,

Thank you for your post.

It looks like the image you provided did not come through, could you try to edit the post and replace the image? If this is a Gmail error, you may instead try using other file sharing solutions such as Dropbox or google drive to upload the .zip. Depending on the contents or size your email provider may block the zip from being attached.

In regard to the installer, there is not currently any supported or documented means to create an installer, the platforms export process would be the only supported way to distribute files.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here is a screenshot of the error I get:

Note that even if I use Google Drive to share, when it is downloaded by the intended user, there is a download warning on the file that looks like this:

Is there any way to prevent either of these? Gmail and google drive are pretty popular ways to communicate and share. Am I the first with this issue? Wondering if it's my machine or something.

Comment

Hello swcooke,

In this case, this is related to Gmail and their security so an alternative download location would need to be used to send this file to the user.

The other image shows Chrome and how it handles .zip files in some cases. If your export is a compiled assembly which contains a dll, that is likely the reason it was flagged. This is standard with chrome so the user would need to accept the warning to download the file from an unknown source. I am unaware of a way to have this disabled as that is just a security feature of chrome.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. On a related note, I am exporting a compiled assembly and then sending it to myself on another machine. It imports successfully and the Indicator is visible in the Indicators window. However, the settings do not look like they do when on the original machine. I have tried this for two different indicators and neither indicator actually plots or shows settings similar to how they should look. I don't see any errors when exporting the compiled assembly or importing. What could be the issue?

Comment

Hello swcooke,

When you say:
            However, the settings do not look like they do when on the original machine.
            Are some missing or are they in a different order? Can you provide more detail on what specifically is different?

From what has been described nothing specific comes to mind, potentially there is a naming conflict and the incorrect or older version of this script is being exported?

I would say the best way to approach this question is going to make a simple test to find out where the problem is. You could create a brand new indicator that has a new name that has not been used before or would otherwise be hard to mistake when exporting. Next, include a few properties and maybe 1 plot, and set the plot to the Close price, nothing fancy.

This type of test gives you a baseline to find what may be happening if there is no problem with this when imported the problem is going to be specific to something with the other script or situation there.

Comment

Here is a video of the export process on the first machine:

Here is a video of the import process on the second machine:

Note that the Indicator uses another Indicator called Rr which you can see in the first video. Looks like that is the only one that gets imported. Also, I just tried removing the namespacing NinjaPro.RelativeRange from each of the Indicators and recompiled and tried the export again. Same result, I end up with just the Indicator called Rr and not the main Indicator. Note that the file name of the supporting Indicator is Rr and the actual string name shown in my video is RelativeRangeCoreLogicData.

Comment

Hello swcooke,

I reviewed the videos and wanted to make sure I have understood the overall problem, it seems that the problem is not that it is displaying differently but that you are not seeing one of the items listed, is that correct?

Are you seeing any errors in the log tab when opening the indicators list?

Very likely you would still need to make a simple test script to find where the problem is, there is nothing from the video that would indicate what the problem is at this point. If you are getting a specific error in the log tab when opening the indicators list, that could explain why it is not seen. Otherwise, if there are no errors, you would need to do a more simple test to find what specifically controls the error.

Comment

In my State.DataLoaded, I have this line which appears to be throwing the error:
                  Code:
                  Plots[0].AutoWidth = true;
                  Below is the error. Any ideas?
                  4/19/2019 9:01:09 AM Default Indicator 'AverageRangeAtTime': Error on calling 'OnStateChange' method: Method not found: 'Void NinjaTrader.Gui.Plot.set_AutoWidth(Boolean)'.
                  Note that this error does not occur on the original machine where the indicator was built. It only happens on the machine I am trying to share to.

Comment

Hello swcooke,

Thank you for checking that, this explains the situation more. If the error is coming up in the OnStateChange override, the indicator would not be in the list.

AutoWidth was added in one of the most recent releases, it is in the 8.0.16.3 release notes. https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...s/8_0_16_3.htm
                    Are you currently up to date on the other machines? This would be the most likely case here, or that the other machines are not all the way updated which explains the error message you are getting. Could you check this before we continue further, please?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
                    2 responses
                    1 like
                    Last Post BarzTrading  
                    Started by devatechnologies, 04-14-2024, 02:58 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes