Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

MFI lines among stochastic lines above and below

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MFI lines among stochastic lines above and below

In the image provided, three MFI indicators appear in white, orange and red color. I want to refer to the position of these indicators where the blue vertical line is displayed. These three indicators are among several stochastics lines in brown, which are the same indicator with several parameters so they appear several. My question is about the command I should use using Strategy Builder allowing this logic: Obtain a market signal when any of the three MFI indicators of white, orange and red color are among any of the stochastic indicators of brown color, in such a way that there is always some of the stochastics above and below any of the three indicators MFI

Hello lovelean,

I wanted to check, are you currently manually drawing the blue line or is there a specific condition you see here which would indicate the blue line? I believe you have provided the general guidelines for the condition, you mentioned:
    Obtain a market signal when any of the three MFI indicators of white, orange and red color are among any of the stochastic indicators of brown color, in such a way that there is always some of the stochastics above and below any of the three indicators MFI

I believe I have understood the question, can you confirm I have understood this correctly?
    Do you mean when the white orange and red are below the stochastic brown line in addition to the other values being above the brown line?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Jesse

Yes, I manually drawn the blue line in the sense of being able to explain when I need the input signal when condition met. Brown lines are many, so I can't determine which of them should be below and above the white orange and red lines because they (this brown stochastic lines) take their position in a variable way, but I should find the way when the white, orange and red lines are among the brown lines. Always should be brown lines above and below them.

Comment

Hello lovelean ,

Thank you for your reply.

I am not certain I understand this description, let me detail what I did not understand.

Brown lines are many, so I can't determine which of them should be below and above the white orange and red lines because they (this brown stochastic lines) take their position in a variable way
        I understand that the lines could be below or above in this case, and there may be no specific order.

but I should find the way when the white, orange and red lines are among the brown lines. Always should be brown lines above and below them.
        Do you mean that there should always be 3 lines below and 2 above? That is the only defining item I can make out from the image. Could you explain this portion further?

Comment

Hi Jesse

The image is an example on how any brown line or lines are positioned above and below the MFI indicators with the three lines: orange, red and white. If a can get a logic when any stochastic is positioned above or below the MFI lines; those stochastactic are undetermined: sometimes above MFI lines there will be stochastic with values 7,1,1, or 15,2,1 or any, same for below the MFI lines. I need only n Stochastic lines are present below AND above MFI lines; the MFI lines should be among any stochastics (brown) line/s. Maybe it is not easy to explain.., can you help me? I didn´t find that way :/
          Thank you!

Comment

Hello lovelean,

Thank you for your reply.

I reviewed the additional details you provided and from what I can gather here, you essentially just want to know at a given time how many lines are above and below the MFI lines, is this essentially the goal as I have understood it?

In the builder, you would only be able to check if a specific line or plot is above or below a target value. With that in mind, you could potentially form individual conditions which report true or false as a user variable. Using a combination of user variables and conditions you could check if some combination of those variables are true/false to understand how many plots may be above or below value.

Comment

Thank you Jesse

To form individual conditions for variables is not the way since there are multiple variations and combinations on "n" stochastic values that can be above and below the MFI lines; checking potentially forms in useless because statistically for only 10 stochastics on chart, usable combinations on builder may represent less than 1% of possible variables..; unspecific parameter would working here, matching a condition if "any" stochastic is above or/and below other indicators, in this example, the MFI indicator.
              Thank you

Comment

I´ve checked with variables true/false.., I can do something.., regards

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post XXtrader  
                Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Waxavi