Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Force2c Indicator (stoch, macd, ema - combined)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Force2c Indicator (stoch, macd, ema - combined)

Hello,

In NT7 someone had developed Force2 indicator that combined stoch, macd and ema all in one. It is attached.

With my limited coding skills, I could not convert it to NT8. If someone would like to use it and convert it for the community, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
    Attached Files

Hello unjha,

Thank you for the post.

You said that you could not convert it, had you tried and got stuck with some part or did this just seem outside of your scope? I took a look at the script and it seems this is pretty straightforward, mainly it only uses calculation logic and some basic coloring items.

This item could be created using a combination of the indicator wizard and some manual coding. There would need to be some minor changes to the existing calculation/plotting logic to work with NT8. If this is something you already tried or wanted to try/learn I could likely walk you through the majority of changes here. Most of the changes in this script would be documented code-breaking changes so there is some explanation that can be provided. If you plan to work with NinjaScript in NT8 and wanted to learn, this would be a good script for that.

Any community members who wanted to remake this as their own to post on the user app share could certainly do that as well.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Jesse for taking a look at the script. Attached is what I've tried so far for NT8 and I think it's not complete. It does not import. I can tinker with the working code and make changes here and there (i.e. calculation, color, etc.) but the conversion part is outside of my scope.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by unjha View Post
        Thank you Jesse for taking a look at the script. Attached is what I've tried so far for NT8 and I think it's not complete. It does not import. I can tinker with the working code and make changes here and there (i.e. calculation, color, etc.) but the conversion part is outside of my scope.
        You are calling the SmoothROC indicator that does not exit. Can you attach the SmoothROC.cs indicator.
        Last edited by aligator; 04-19-2019, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post

You are calling the SmoothROC indicator that does not exit. Can you attach the SmoothROC.cs indicator.
          Attached is the SmoothROC indicator from NT7.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by unjha View Post

Attached is the SmoothROC indicator from NT7.
            I have posted the indicator in file sharing section here:

Here is a direct conversion of Force2c indicator to NT8 requested by member unjha. See the background here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ed#post1054828

I have also converted the SmoothROC indicator as part of the zip file.

I did not see how useful this indicator can be for trading, all associated inputs are momentum and price related.

Could you explain how you use this indicator to place trades.

Cheers!

Comment

Thank you aligator!

Essentially this indicator combines MACD, Stoch together into a single panel and plots dots for EMA up/down on any selected timeframe. As you mentioned all the inputs are momentum based, so I basically look for confirmation/alignment on all 3 before placing any trade long/short. I use 3 minute chart and use 5 minute EMA configuration in this indicator.

I never figured out how to use Candle Triggers in the indicator, so I just don't turn it on.

Thank you again
              Last edited by unjha; 04-21-2019, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM
              14 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post martin70  
              Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post TraderBCL