Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

stop limit offset value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stop limit offset value

Hi
    I’m Trying to change the “Predefined stop limit offset value” for a Stop Limit order from an indicator. The indicator places a box on the top toolbar to toggle a pre-set value on and off for a specific stop limit offset value. I have the code all working for the button toggle but can’t find a reference to change the stop limit offset value on its own without having to place an order at the same time. Thanks For your Help.

Hello jamarc,

Thank you for the post.

I wanted to better understand the situation here, you mentioned that you want to change the predefined stop limit offset for an order. Is this an order the indicator is submitting or one you are observing which was submitted somewhere else? If the indicator is submitting the order, you should be able to supply the stop and limit price for the order when you submit it, are you trying to change an active order?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jesse
      What I’m trying to do is place a button / buttons on my tool bar that I can click to instantly change the “Predefined stop limit offset value” to another pre-set value. There will be no order on the screen at the time or after the button is clicked. The button will simply toggle the Predefined stop limit offset value to another value. The way I have to do this manually at the moment is to right mouse click on my chart trader. Select properties and then change the value for the Predefined stop limit offset value. This takes too long when trading, I want to just change this to a pre-set with one click, I will then enter the trade manually using the right mouse clicking on the screen. The button will also serve as a reminder as to what the current setting is for the Predefined stop limit offset value. I have the buttons working fine I just need to know how to change the Predefined stop limit offset value from ninja script.
      Thanks again for your help here.

Comment

Hello jamarc,

Thank you for the clarification.

From what I gather, you do not need to modify orders but you specifically want to change the chart trader property that controls the stop offset value. At this time there are no public properties for the chart trader which are exposed to NinajScript. In this situaiton, I would not have anything documented/supported that I could provide as a solution to control this property. I have added a vote for exposing chart trader properties, this has logged under the id: SFT-1955

You may be able to leverage an addon in this situation, you could see the addon sample basic in the following page: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t_overview.htm

This addon is an order entry addon which could be used to better control the target offsets or do custom visualization of the properties you need. You would need to do more work in this situation as you would essentially need to build a whole tool, but this bypasses the missing chart trader properties and gives more flexibility surrounding customizing order entry.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jesse I'll check this out.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by GwFutures1988, Today, 02:48 PM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
          Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM