Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Combined indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combined indicators

Hi! I'm new in making a custom indicator and wanted to get your inputs.

I use several indicators in my trading and I want to use an indicator that combines the several indicators I use. I'm not sure such a thing already exists or I may need to make my own custom indicator.

I use (1) Bollinger Band 60 min or above, (2) candle reversal (i.e. shooting star or harami, etc.) in smaller time frame, and (3) my own support/resistance areas. Once price meets these conditions, I get into a trade.

Each of the above indicators are very simple, but I don't know how to combine them into one indicator and set alarm, especially when these triggers come from different time frames (i.e. 60 min & 15 min, or can be another time frames). I don't know how difficult it is to make this possible.

In case of TradeStation, there is scanner that I can add these parameters and trigger an alert once the conditions are met. Could you please provide what can I do to find or make this in NT8?

Thank you,

Hello totoro2000,

You can call an indicator from another indicator or from a strategy.

For example:

Print(Bollinger(2, 20).Upper[0]);

Below is a publicly available link to the help guide on system indicator methods.

As well as a public link to a forum post with helpful information about getting started with NinjaScript.

And a public link to an example indicator that does a comparison and uses this in the market analyzer.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Barry Milan, Today, 10:35 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by WeyldFalcon, 12-10-2020, 06:48 PM
    14 responses
    0 likes