Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Working with Order Flow Cumulative Delta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working with Order Flow Cumulative Delta

I'm hopeful that one of the NinjaTrader representatives on here can help me clarify the correct way to use OrderFlowCumulativeDelta in a to be written custom indicator.

I have tried to use the System Indicator Methods described in the help guide to no avail. (this is likely due to my own lack of knowledge and not the fault of the Help Guide)

My goal is to create an indicator that would show Delta Momentum rather than Bar by Bar Delta. I had an indicator like this for NT-7 and would like to do the same for NT-8.

It is likely easier to describe by using a picture (see attached).

Essentially I want the bar by bar Up Delta to accumulate on each bar until the Delta switches from Up Delta to Down Delta or vice versa.

Can someone help me figure out how to use the existing OrderFlowCumulativeDelta to supply the data I need to calculate a new Delta Momentum indicator?

Thank you.

Hello TopGunNote,

Thanks for your post.

I have attached a script that initializes and references the OrderFlow Cumulative delta indicator. You can take the output values from Cumulative Delta and use them in any kind of indicator you wish to make. To import the script, go to Tools>Import>NinjaScript Addon. If you have any additional questions about accessing this data please let me know.
    Attached Files
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Chris L. Much appreciated.
      That certainly cleared it up for me.
      Will post what I come up with when I'm finished.

Comment

TopGunNote have you tried to use this new indicator in a strategy yet? If so, could you please provide an example. I even tried coding the logic direct in the strategy, but my data never matches. It is not as simple at just adding the indicator in the strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
          Hello TopGunNote,

Thanks for your post.

I have attached a script that initializes and references the OrderFlow Cumulative delta indicator. You can take the output values from Cumulative Delta and use them in any kind of indicator you wish to make. To import the script, go to Tools>Import>NinjaScript Addon. If you have any additional questions about accessing this data please let me know.
          I appreciate the help you gave me the last time I was here looking for some direction in referencing the Order Flow Cumulative Delta to build another indicator from.

I posted my finished version on the "User App share" section of the site and it's been downloaded 266 times (suggesting it was somewhat popular),
          Here's the link: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...ntum-for-nt-8/

What I would like some help with today is this: How do I access the setting so the user can choose between "Bid/Ask" or "Up Down Tick" for the Delta calculation method?

I'd like to add this option to the indicator I posted here at the end of June, 2019

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello TopGunNote, thanks for your reply.

Please see this example that shows how to implement an Enum as a list box in the property grid:

With this, you can set up the enum to hold both a Bid/Ask value and an Up Down Tick value. Based on what the user has selected, set the parameter for Cumulative delta accordingly.

Best regards.
            Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by dpaulw View Post
              TopGunNote have you tried to use this new indicator in a strategy yet? If so, could you please provide an example. I even tried coding the logic direct in the strategy, but my data never matches. It is not as simple at just adding the indicator in the strategy.
              Sorry for the delayed response,
              I didn't make any provision to add this indicator to a strategy. Maybe if you could explain how you were hoping to use it we could make an allowance for the data you're seeking?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Aviram Y  
              Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby