Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Fibonacci Retracements problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibonacci Retracements problems

Hi,

I made an indicator based in the volume indicator. All the options I added work great but I have problems with Fibonacci Retracements.
    All my objects are drawn in the main instrument panel and Volume bars in another panel.

The problems:

1- If i use the format Draw.FibonacciRetracements(NinjaScriptBaseowner,stringtag,boolisAutoScale,intstartBarsAgo,doublestartY,intendBarsAgo,doubleendY) the fibo is drawn in the Volume panel, and the only solution I found to draw it in the main panel is use the format Draw.FibonacciRetracements(NinjaScriptBaseowner,stringtag,boolisAutoScale,intstartBarsAgo,doublestartY,intendBarsAgo,doubleendY,boolisGlobal,stringtemplateName) setting isGlobal true and templateName "Default".

2- I use my licensed Agile.Net for offuscation and assembly.
    In the assembled indicator all works ok but the above Fibos are "transparent" and you only see the diagonal trace line. I tryied add a tempalate to the assembly but it does not solve the problem.

Please could you help me?

Regards,

Marcos L.

Hello superg3,

All my objects are drawn in the main instrument panel and Volume bars in another panel.
    This is generally controlled by the DrawOnPricePanel property. Based on the description, it sounds like you have this as the default or set as true. If you have this set to false, the object will follow the indicators panel.

For the agile.net question, when you exported/tested this which version of NT8 were you using? There was a issue that has been resolved in the latest release around this situation.

Fixed
    DrawingTool
    Calling draw tools which use PriceLevels with templates from compiled assembly could fail to get price levels from template

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jesse,

The last NT8 version solved the problem related with templates.
      But the DrawOnPricePanel property property is set false and does not solve the problem.

Comment

Hello superg3,

Did you remove and re add the script from where it was applied? The DrawOnPricePanel property is the only way to toggle where the drawing object is drawn. Using false is the way to allow it to follow the panel from the host that drew it. If you just did a F5 or Reload NinjaScript it would not likely change the outcome until it is re applied due to this being a OnStateChange property.

Are there any other details to the use case, is this indicator being manually applied or added from a strategy? Are you using IsOverlay = false or manually dragging the item to a new panel?

Comment

Hello Jesse,
          DrawOnPricePanel property is set to flase since I started to develop de indicator some months ago, so it seems not be the problem.

It si not added from strategy, it is just added manually as a normal indicator. I do not use IsOverlay .

Comment

Hello superg3,

I believe I mis-read what you wanted as the result here, if you wanted this in the primary panel the DrawOnPricePanel would need to be true.

Is the overall result that you want for the indicator to be in a sub panel and the object in the primary panel? If so, that would be IsOverlay = false and DrawOnPricePanel = true. Using false for draw on price panel should be putting the object in the indicators panel rather than the primary panel.

Comment

Hello Jesse ,

tested with IsOverlay = false and DrawOnPricePanel = true and it works as expected.

Thank you very much for you assistance.

Regards,

Marcos L.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by chartchart, 05-19-2021, 04:14 PM
              3 responses
              1 like
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by bsbisme, Yesterday, 02:08 PM