Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

AddDataSeries volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AddDataSeries volume

I want to see 15 minutes on a graph, the volumes at 5 minutes. I added the AddDataSeries function but it doesn't display anything.
    Can anyone help me?

Hello bebbus,
    Thanks for your post.

Just to clarify. Are you wanting to add a plot of 5 min Volume to a 15 minute chart? The AddDataSeries() function would only allow the script to use that series for calculations. If you wanted to plot the value or draw candles you would need to do that in your script as well. You would also need to assign the Volume value to the primary value of the indicator.

AddPlot() to add a plot to a script-- https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...s/?addplot.htm
    Value is the indicators primary value series -- https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...-us/?value.htm
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I want to add VOL indicator of ninjatrader, but it must process the data 15 minutes but 5 minutes

Comment

bebbus,

Are you wanting to use the 5 Minute VOL value in calculations or simply display it on your 15 minute chart?

Comment

"wanting to use the 5 Minute VOL value in calculations" . take indicator sum, add up the volumes 5 minutes. then everything must be seen on a 15/30 minute chart. so I can see if the volumes speed up.

Comment

bebbus,

You could work with a 5 minute series in your script by using AddDataSeries()
            Code:
            else if(State == State.Configure)
            {
                AddDataSeries(BarsPeriodType.Minute, 5);
            }

Next, you can use a custom Series or the Value series to store the value of your summed volumes. Which one you use will depend on how you want to draw/plot the value on your chart. The Value series is the primary 'indicator' value that will be passed to your plot.

You can use AddPlot() to create a plot of the summed volumes or one of the "Draw" methods to put the volume as a text value on your chart.

The value you will want to store in the series can be obtained by using the 5 minute series you created as the input to the indicator. You would do this by using the correct Overload that has an ISeries input.
            VOL(ISeries<double> input)[int barsAgo]
            Let me know if there is something I can provide further information on.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
            Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
            4 responses
            0 likes