Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Default References list? Best practices with additional References?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default References list? Best practices with additional References?

I'm looking for the default Reference list is when you first install NinjaTrader 8. I'm referring to when you right-click the NinjaScript Editor and go to "References"... this list.

I've made changes to this list, but I'm not sure which I've added and I feel it is interfering with distributing indicators. I'm getting users complaining about "duplicate method names... missing a required file..." error message when importing.

So, I want to compare my list with the default list and do what I can to remove unnecessary references.

On a side note, what is best practice for adding References and handling distribution? Just throw the DLL in the ZIP file to be placed on the client's /custom folder?

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Hello neoikon,

Thank you for the questions.

I am unaware of a list that you could pull of the default references, I attached an image of the defaults from the 64 bit version of NT8.

On a side note, what is best practice for adding References and handling distribution? Just throw the DLL in the ZIP file to be placed on the client's /custom folder?
    Putting the dll in the zip is part of the process, however a the best process would be to do the following:
    • In the export screen, select References from the dropdown and select any non-standard references your item requires
    • Using the references during the export specifically will generate the AdditionalReferences.txt in the zip.
    • After exporting, a message appears informing you about the text file which needs to be in the zip file, you can use the steps in the following page to finish inserting the .dll's into the zip.

The best approach to doing this type of export will also be to use a clean user folder for the export. I will provide the general steps we suggest to create a clean export folder below:

To create a clean installation to export your NinjaScript objects from please follow the instructions below:
    1. Go to Help > License Key and copy and paste your License Key into a text document
    2. Export the code you want as the final export as source code
    3. Exit the platform
    4. Go to (My) Documents > rename the 'NinjaTrader 8' folder to 'NinjaTrader 8.Prev'.
    5. Then re-install from the following link: http://ninjatrader.com/GetStarted

When you reinstall it will recreate the user folder you had just renamed with only stock files.

Now you can start the platform and import the source code for the item you want to export as a compiled assembly. Because there are no other items in this installation, only the item you want to export would be included.

To switch between the two installs; shut down NinjaTrader > rename the new installation to 'NinjaTrader 8.Dev' under (My) Documents > then rename the 'NinjaTrader 8.Prev' to 'NinjaTrader 8'. NinjaTrader looks for the user folder named NinjaTrader 8 specifically.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    Attached Files
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you so much! This was very helpful!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post aussugardefender  
      Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM
      14 responses
      0 likes