Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Language setting of Ninja interfering with Market Analyzer templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Language setting of Ninja interfering with Market Analyzer templates

Hi,
    I created a Market Analyzer template on my Ninja, which is set to English.
    I sent it to a client who is German. The template apparently won't display properly (cell conditions) while he has his Ninja set to German language. If he changes it to English, the template works properly.
    Is that supposed to happen? I have no idea how to build him a template that survives this situation without changing my own Ninja to German temporarily.

Note that the source indicator works correctly, the custom columns work correctly, displaying the right data. It is just the cell visuals we are discussing here.

Thanks in advance,
    saltminer

Hello saltminer,

Thank you for your post.

I was able to duplicate this as well. It looks like this is a known issue due to some language specific differences in the Market Analyzer. I've added a vote for you to our Feature Request that is tracking interest in this for the future, which you may use the number SFT-1687 to track. Unfortunately at this time the workaround would be to set up the template while the language is set to German.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kate,
      I don't think this is a Feature Request that should be attracting 'interest'. IMHO it is a fault in the program that needs fixing.

I changed my Ninja to German to try and set up the template. Not only is this quite difficult for a non German-speaker, since everything is now in German, but the template is still there perfectly set up but not working.
      See attachment. The value of -183 you can see in the "Delta 3" column should be coloured red, but is not. It works perfectly while Ninja is set to English.

regards,
      saltminer

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2019-06-14 055511.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	1060696

Comment

Hello saltminer,

Thank you for your reply.

Did you create a new template, or are you attempting to modify the existing template? The existing English template will not work if you simply switch the language to German and try to modify it. You need to open a new Market Analyzer, set it up as you'd like it, then save the template.

I will submit this to our QA team to review. The tracking number I provided above is still valid for this issue.

Comment

Hello saltminer,

Thank you for your patience.

Just as a follow up, I checked on this and this issue has already been reported as a bug and has been determined to be expected. This is by design: the primary issue is the 'free text' field 'Apply to' since it's language specific. While the behavior is not ideal, it is a limitation of the current design, and we are using the SFT to track impact. I've also added your feedback to the feature request which will assist them in assessing the issue. However, a change in this would also likely break older templates.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by funk10101, Today, 12:02 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
          Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
          1 response
          0 likes