Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Right Side Margin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right Side Margin

hello,
    can we write text or draw any object which can remain in the fixed spot within the "right side margin" area?

Hello hir04068,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, using OnRender, you would be able to render objects that could remain in the right side margin.

The margin can be adjusted in OnRender() using ChartControlProperty BarMarginRight:

You could specify a certain margin size programmatically and then render your desired object in that space.

For an example of using OnRender, look at the built in indicator "SampleCustomRender.cs" which contains many comments on the methods/properties used to create its drawing.

Certain other indicators, such as Pivots and ZigZag also contain/use OnRender and would give you good examples as well.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hello,
      I have no knowledge of coding, can you guide me towards any indicator that can be used for my purpose.

Comment

Hello hir04068,

Thank you for your reply.

I didn't see one that would be publicly available for free from our User App Share, but you might want to double check:

You might also try a general internet search for "drawing tool lock NinjaTrader 8" or something similar as there may be a third party vendor that offers such an add-on.

Also, as I mentioned on your other post, I can also have our Business Development team provide you with information on third party NinjaScript consultants who would be happy to create such a script for you if you like.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by cre8able, Today, 01:01 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post cre8able  
        Started by manitshah915, Today, 12:59 PM
        0 responses