Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator Update and Indicator Description

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator Update and Indicator Description

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to update an indicator without uninstalling it previously. I was not able to do it.

I also would like to know if it's possible to show the Indicator description info in the configuration dialog.

Kind regards,

Marcos L.

Hello superg3,

If the new script is open source and the old script is open source and these use the same class names in the same files, it will import over the top and overwrite the existing indicator without issue.

If the scripts are closed source assemblies, the file names and class names have to be exact and any called classes would need to be isolated to their own exports to import over the top correctly.

Below is a link to a video I've taken on how to export a strategy that has shared classes in another exported assembly.

Yes, if you select an indicator in the Indicators window and then click the 'i' button above you can read the description of the indicator.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chelsea B.,

Excuse the delay. It's a closed source assembly indicator, all file names and class names are the same. I just do code corrections and chanage the version number but I receive an error while importing saying that already is an indicator with the same name. Maybe I did not undertand something in the video.

Kind regards,

Thank you.

Comment

Hello superg3,

If the warning appears that there is an existing file with the same name, it will prompt you to over write it with a yes or no. Click yes to overwrite the file.

However, if the warning is able duplicates, it's warning about class names. If there are class names already used in an assembly in NinjaTrader and these are not isolated to a separate dll (as demonstrated in the video I have linked) and are being shared in other files, you will need to remove all of those first before you will be able to import a new assembly that is using the same class names.

Either isolate the class names or use new unique class names.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Brevo
        by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
        0 responses