Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

BTS Volume indicator works with Forex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTS Volume indicator works with Forex?

Hi NinjaTrader_Paul,

Is this indicator supposed to work well with Forex Spot? It appears it does not, probably due to Forex decentralization and lack of detailed Order Flow data stream... In my NT, it shows almost all bars as SELL dominant, even though when this is not the case.

This indicator will show buy volume, sell volume and optionally total volume. A triangle up/down marker can optionally be displayed that shows when the ratio of buys/sells or sells/buys equals or exceeds a user set ratio, by default it is set to 2:1. When Buys/Sells >= 2 then a Green up triangle is placed above […]

Considering it really does not work with Forex (if it works I must have some bad settings), Is there any Forex indicator that correlates (Tick x Price delta) and (Volume x Price Delta) to produce a similar effect to what Order Flow and Volumetric bars do in Stocks and Centralized Markets, aiming to forecast a short-term trend? I have tried to scan app share database and also looked around some vendors, with no success.

Thanks Much,
    G

Hello bouncetherubble,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

The BST Volume indicator is based on the coding of the Ninjatrader platform provided buy sell volume indicator and can only report the information that is available from the data feed.

You might consider using the NinjaTrader platform indicator Volume UpDown, which is a simple total volume reporter that colors the volume bars according to the candle direction. This would provide a volume change reference that may be more meaningful.

I am not aware of any specific forex volume indicators.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

That's what I thought, thanks much for your feedback I will use the indicator suggested

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:56 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post kempotrader  
      Started by kempotrader, Today, 08:54 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post kempotrader