Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Dynamic shading of a Region across Tick and Volume charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynamic shading of a Region across Tick and Volume charts

Hi there,

I have two examples below based at the same exact moment in time, and two questions with images attached. Please let me know if someone has a suggestion of an already existing indicator to perform these roles.

Q1 - Does someone know about about an indicator that has the ability to dynamically update, and shade, a configurable bar interval in a Tick Chart, always drawing from the last Tick bar to the configured bar delta, and shade that same TIME delta to a Volume Chart? In other words, a Dynamic X Region Highlight tool. that translates a number of Tick bar interval to a Volume bar interval via Time Domain shading ( X Region highlighting)..

Please check file attached "Option1_X Region Highlighting.jpg" . This Example has 1 (one) tick bar shaded vertically while Tick and Volume charts are side by side horizontally..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Option1_X Region Highlighting.jpg
Views:	325
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	1062755

Q2- Does someone know about about an indicator that has the ability to dynamically update a configurable bar interval in a Tick Chart, always drawing from the last Tick bar to the configured bar delta, and shade that same PIP price delta to a Volume Chart? In other words, a Dynamic Y Region Highlight tool. that translates a number of Tick bar interval to a Volume bar interval via Price Domain shading (Y Region highlighting).

Please check file attached "Option 2_Y Region Highlighting". This Example has 1 (one) tick bar shaded Horizontally while Tick and Volume charts are stacked vertically.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Option 2_Y Region Highlighting.jpg
Views:	346
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	1062756

Any of the options above would work for the goal I want to achieve.

Thanks Much,
    G
    Attached Files

Hello bouncetherubble,

Thanks for your post.

I am unaware of an indicator that would perform as you have described.

If I understand correctly you want an indicator that shades a specific time (and price levels) on a volume bar and that time (and price levels) is/are based on a condition referencing tick bars. You could accomplish this with a custom Ninjascript indicator. The indicator would need to add the tick bars and be coded to perform the analysis on the tick bars and then draw on the Volume bars which would be on the chart. The script can also call the drawing tools you specify.

While we do not provide custom coding, we can provide you with references to 3rd party programmers who can accomplish your goal if that is of interest.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

" ...we can provide you with references to 3rd party programmers who can accomplish your goal if that is of interest." .

Hi Paul,

Yes, that would be really nice if you can suggest me someone to accomplish what I have described.

Perhaps you have direct access to my personal registered email (?). Please let me know...

Thanks much,
      G

Comment

Hello,

You can search our extensive library of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more:
        You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
        Christopher S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Christopher,

Thanks much for your feedback,

G

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes