• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Value[0] is throwing IndexOutOfRangeException.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value[0] is throwing IndexOutOfRangeException.

I'm trying to write my first Indicator. Its extremely simple and I'm following the code path from SMA but when I step into the code in VS the this.Value isn't initialized and thus this.Value[0] is throwing an exception. I don't see anywhere within SMA source code file where Value is being initialized and the base class NinjaScriptBase defines the property as returning null.

So, what am I doing wrong?

Originally posted by Kabua View Post
    I'm trying to write my first Indicator. Its extremely simple and I'm following the code path from SMA but when I step into the code in VS the this.Value isn't initialized and thus this.Value[0] is throwing an exception. I don't see anywhere within SMA source code file where Value is being initialized and the base class NinjaScriptBase defines the property as returning null.

So, what am I doing wrong?
    It might help better if you just posted the code, so that someone can see what is wrong.

Comment

Welcome to the forums Kabua!

It sounds like the indicator is missing AddPlot().

I suggest using the New Indicator Wizard (NinjaScript Editor > Indicators folder > Right Click > New Indicator) as it can conveniently add all the code necessary for plots. I have also included a link to our AddPlot() documentation which can be referenced for creating working plots.

AddPlot() - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...s/?addplot.htm

As koganam mentions, attaching the code can help us to understand exactly what you are running into.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
      JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, me bad. I wasn't sure what was the difference between AddPlot and AddLine when I went through the wizard. Therefore, I choose AddLine but it appears what I really wanted was AddPlot, once I changed the code to AddPlot the Value property was properly initialized. Thanks.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by TazoTodua, Today, 09:06 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post TazoTodua  
        Started by sambo81, Yesterday, 06:57 PM
        1 response
        0 likes