Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

DvalueArea POC for last hour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DvalueArea POC for last hour

Hello,

I'm using Ninja Trader 8. I downloaded the DValueArea indicator from the Ninja Ecosystem portal. I need this indicator to show the POC (red line) for the last hour but the values are always 1-2 dollars off the POC on Thinkorswim. I'm trying to migrate to Ninja as a platform, but this indicator's accuracy is crucial to my strategy and I can't get it to show the same values.

I changed the start of the session to 6:30 am MST and then change length of session to 2 hours (Im in Mountain time and I trade from 7:30 to 8:30 am MST), so even if I start at 7:30 am it will show the values for the last hour, but it is still off. I tried both the 2017 and the 2019 versions of the Dvalue indicator with similar results.

The most closest values was with Ninja's TPO using the lower line as pseudo POC (not the POC line itself), but still was off several ticks.

I looked at the code, but I couldn't understand the logic in the time variables.

I'm using the same time values (5 min charts on both platforms), tick data, /NQ mini futures.

How can I make this work?

Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by x86231933; 07-18-2019, 10:53 AM.

Hello x86231933, thank you for your post and welocome to the NinjaTrader forum.

All of the scripts coming from the user app share do come "as is". While we did convert the DValueArea indicator to NinjaTrader 8, we did not originally create the indicator and we are not experts on the study. Indicator studies can also vary between different indicator implementations and can also vary between platforms. If you think there is an issue with how the indicator is calculating a value, I suggest reaching out to the original developer as they would be the best resource for understanding on how these values are produced. Their forum handle can be found on the original DValueArea upload:

Display's day (session) based Value Area Profile info for the day's that include a few bars on the screen. For intra-day use. Version 7.0 – NT7 conversion of dValueArea. See previous posting for usage notes. Version 7.0.1 – Added "UseSessTemplate" override to replace session start/length times from templates. Version 7.0.2 – Added "ZOrder Put Behind". […]

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem also offers professional NinjaScript consultants that can help to edit a script. Please let me know if you would like more information on linking with a NinjaScript consultant.

Kind regards.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by x86231933 View Post
      Hello,

I'm using Ninja Trader 8. I downloaded the DValueArea indicator from the Ninja Ecosystem portal. I need this indicator to show the POC (red line) for the last hour but the values are always 1-2 dollars off the POC on Thinkorswim. I'm trying to migrate to Ninja as a platform, but this indicator's accuracy is crucial to my strategy and I can't get it to show the same values.

I changed the start of the session to 6:30 am MST and then change length of session to 2 hours (Im in Mountain time and I trade from 7:30 to 8:30 am MST), so even if I start at 7:30 am it will show the values for the last hour, but it is still off. I tried both the 2017 and the 2019 versions of the Dvalue indicator with similar results.

The most closest values was with Ninja's TPO using the lower line as pseudo POC (not the POC line itself), but still was off several ticks.

I looked at the code, but I couldn't understand the logic in the time variables.

I'm using the same time values (5 min charts on both platforms), tick data, /NQ mini futures.

How can I make this work?

Thanks a lot.
      If you are comparing TOS levels to NT-8 levels you may see small differences based on the "bar times".
      Ninja shows the bar time at the Bar Close, TOS shows the bar time at Bar Open, it's a slight difference but it will show up when you compare levels (not a "Point" but a few ticks certainly).

I don't know what version of Ninjatrader you are using but the "Lifetime" license has a Volume Profile drawing tool that might be a simple solution to what you're looking for?

Here's a 5 minute chart screenshot (with yellow lines drawn at each hour from 08:30 ET to 14:30 ET) so you can compare the Volume POC's on Ninja-8 to your TOS chart of today.

It's not a "fix" for the DValueArea indicator, but it might be a better option for you?

Good luck.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
      11 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jeronymite  
      Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
      8 responses
      0 likes