Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT orderflow valuearea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT orderflow valuearea

Hello,

I have attached to ES 30 min chart the orderflow volumeprofile and calculate-value-area from NinjaTrader_Jim. In calculate value area I have open hour 9:30 which is same as US Index futures RTH which is selected for orderflow volumeprofile. The chart is "use instruments settings".

Why do the VAH, VAL and POC not match (orderflow volumeprofile and calculate-value-area) and show big difference.

Thank you!
    Tony
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tonynt; 08-12-2019, 06:38 AM. Reason: typing error

Hello Tony,

Thanks for your post.

The indicators on our User App Share were originally created by sgbtrading. I have only provided importable versions for NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8. If you have specific questions on how that indicator calculates these plots and how they may be different from our indicator, I suggest reaching out to him.

Indicators can have different implementations which create different results, so it would not be uncommon to see a different result between different indicators. Before asking further, I suggest checking parameters between both indicators to ensure that the same profile type is used, the same session times are being analyzed, and the same Value Area % is being used.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. You are right with checking parameters. Therefore I have written in the question. Are there and session times beside those to set in the parameters?

Best regards
      Tony

Comment

Hello Tony,

Data on the chart will be initially filtered by the Chart's Trading Hours template set in the Data Series window. This would affect both indicators added to that data series. Further than that would be filtered in the indicators parameters. How the data gets filtered based on those settings would depend on the logic within.

I spent some time trying to line these up, and I was not able to get them to match. Without a deeper understanding on how the parameters are used specifically in the CalculateValueArea indicator, I could not advise if the values could match.

I will leave this thread open for any community members that have used both these indicators so they can share any insight they may have.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jim,

thank you for your reply. Attached are again screenshots from where you can see everything:
          NT8_OF_RTH shows ES-15min with dataseries trading hours "use instruments settings" and NT8 orderflow using this trading hours.
          NT8_CVA shows the calculate value area with indicator parameters and starting at 9:30. They do not match.

NT8_OF_Tradinghours_RTH shows ES-15min with dataseries trading hours "US Index futures RTH" and NT8 orderflow volume profile with "use data series settings". In this case both match up sometimes, but not exactly, and sometimes not.

There are no more parameters used specifically that you can not see in the screenshots.

Thank you!
          Tony

Attached Files
          Last edited by tonynt; 08-13-2019, 02:09 AM. Reason: add screenshots

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke