Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator Turning Chart Bars Into a Straight Line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator Turning Chart Bars Into a Straight Line

Hello,

During a phone call with Ninjatrader, I was told to submit the following indicator which appears to be translated from v7 to v8 incorrectly. It has a tendency to randomly change the Chart bars into a single, straight line - making it unusable. I'm hoping someone knowledgeable can look at the code and pinpoint the problem. This is THE BEST Supertrend indicator among the variations available.

Thank you very much for any help you can give me!

Attached Files

Try setting the indicator Autoscale feature to false.
    RJay
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Hello NTuser2,

Thanks for your post.

To add on to what member RJay advises, when an indicator (any indicator) has "Autoscale" set to true is that the indicators drawing objects are included in the automatic scaling of the chart. So the chart scale will be automatically adjusted to include the extremes of the price levels of the price bars and the indicators drawing objects. This can cause the bars to be smaller in some cases and actually flat in others if the drawing objects are significantly far away from price. A common example of this would just about any Pivots indicator which are set to Autoscale false by default to prevent the bars from being compressed to show the entire pivots range.

If you have multiple indicators on the same chart, you may want to go through each one and turn Autoscale from true to false, one at a time, to see if there is one particular indicator that may be the source of this.

To turn Autoscale from true to false, you would need to open the Indicators panel and select the indicator on the chart which then will show the "properties" on the right side. You will find "Autoscale" under the "Visual" heading.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you VERY MUCH for your help! I think that did it, but I haven't tested it yet across all the instruments I would be trading. I truly appreciate your quick responses. THANK YOU!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post GLFX005
        by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
        2 responses