Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ChartTraderQuantityUpDown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ChartTraderQuantityUpDown

I would like to use the ChartTraderQuantityUpDown control as a custom instance on a chart. What are the event handlers for the submit and cancel icon buttons? Also, do you have an example of a key down event handler that would mimic the functionality of the control when users enter a number using their keyboard? In the add-on example in the NT8 help guide this functionality appears to already be taken care automatically in the QuantityUpDown control. I was wondering if it's possible to do that on the ChartPanel as well? Thanks.

Hello martyn73,

Thank you for the post.

There is currently no documentation for this control so I would unfortunately not have any specific details relating to the events here. I looked through the events this type has however none of the events stick out that they would be a cancel/submit. The control consists of a QuantityUpDown control and some buttons, this is not just one control with events at the top level. You would likely need to dig into the controls children and locate its buttons to add events to the buttons individually. This is not something I can detail specifically or know of an existing sample.

For an example of keyboard events, you can see the following post: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...PreviewKeyDown

In the addon sample, you create the whole window which does not have any keyboard events so that is why it works, a chart already has many events for the keys so you would need to manually account for those if you plan to use the keyboard.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
    Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
    172 responses
    0 likes