Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Number of Line Breaks selectable for Long Bars and Short bars at the same Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Number of Line Breaks selectable for Long Bars and Short bars at the same Chart

Hi,

I am using Line Breaks bars to mitigate safer Uptrend and Downtrend opportunities to enter a trade, and realized there could be an advantage in having a different and customizable number of Line Breaks for Long Bars and Short bars at the same Chart.

Having two different settings at Data Settings options ( for Long bars and Short bars) would help to create a desired region to enter a trade in one direction (bigger number of Line Breaks), while at the same chart, create a safer region to exit a trade at the opposite direction ( shorter number of Line Breaks). As as result of this rationale, it would be needed to keep two different charts opened, one that portraits scenarios that are favorable to Uptrends ( Long Bars count is larger than Short bars count) and another for scenarios favorable to Downtrends (Short Bars count is larger than Long bars count). That would entail a change at the code to create two different fields where the different settings would be entered and not just a single "Line Breaks" field at Data Series. The idea is anticipate the best possible Line Break bar counts for Long Bars and Short Bars, for either an Uptrend Scenario of Downtrend Scenario.

Q- I'd like the opinion if the Line Break bars code can be modified to accommodate these changes...?

The image depicts the scenario that needs to be avoided, where profits were about to be realized and a big move in the opposite direction happens.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Line_Break_Brainstorm.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	1070923

Note- I am aware there could exist a similar unfavorable circumstance happening at the previous bar at "EXIT the Trade", even though it is not being shown because the Line Break bar count has not been reached yet.

Thanks Much indeed,
    G
    Attached Files

Hello bouncetherubble, thanks for your note.

I will submit a feature request for adding a number of line breaks for red bars and green bars separately. I'll post the feature tracking ID here once I receive it.

Kind regards.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi ChrisL,

That is Super! Thanks much for creating a feature request! I think that can be useful indeed.

Cheers,
      G

Comment

Hello bouncetherubble,

Thank you for your reply.

This one is being tracked under the number SFT-4230. If it gets added to a future release, you'll find it in the release notes under this number.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kate,

That's very kind! Thanks for updating this ....

G

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by tkaboris, Today, 08:01 AM
          1 response
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
          Started by Lumbeezl, 01-11-2022, 06:50 PM
          31 responses
          1 like