Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Trend line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trend line

Currently nt8 trend chsnnel one side of the line moved parallel to the othe side of the trend and it csn be expanded with one click. However the other side of the trend line has to anchor points that when you want to expand it only moves one point at the time and it is not parallel to the opposite side. Can it be coded so that it works as the first trend channel line? 2 simple lines that you can move independly and parallel to each other by just clivking on the line and expand it or contrast it. I cant work with those anchor points that tilt the channel on one side

Hello qwfxny,

Thank you for the post.

It likely could be reprogrammed to have different actions for the anchors as you described. The current anchors are programmed in a specific way to create the tool as you see it. Are you additionally asking how this could be done or would this be a feature request for the existing tool?

I look forward to being of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thank you Jesse i would like to know how it can be done and feature added to nt8

Comment

Hello qwfxny,

Thank you for the reply.

I will put in a feature request for this. If you additionally wanted to research changing the tool to your liking you can take a look at the code for this tool. This is one of the more complicated tools due to how it works so it may be helpful to look at the normal Line tool and the Line class in that script. The Line uses a single line and is more simple, that could also be modified into what you are asking for as well.

To modify the anchors and how they work would involve modifying how the tools works overall, a lot of its logic revolves around the anchors and mouse events. This is not something which would be something simple that I could direct specific changes but would more likely be something you could experiment with to achieve the overall look you wanted.

The GetSelectionPoints override is how the selections are being controlled in contrast to the anchors you make. The anchors provide position information to which the remainder of the script uses to calculate.

The OnMouseDown/Move/Up overrides control how the mouse interacts with the anchors and how they affect drawing. because the tool has multiple points where the anchors are being used in drawing this would make it more complex to modify as you would need to test changes to see how they affect the logic.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jclose
        by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
        10 responses