Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Storing manually drawn ray data of different time frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Storing manually drawn ray data of different time frame

Hi,

I am trying to customize an indicator where green triangle will be drawn when price is higher than ema and down trend ray line drawn manually and vice versa for uptrend for red triangle.

I am trying to draw these green / red triangle on the same chart for all three time frames.

so far, I have added additional data series for additional 2 barperiods and storing ema and price in a dictionary where barperiod is the key and value is ema/price. I have been able to draw the gree or red triangle so far for one time frame and it works fine. But I am confused whether is it possible to store manually rendered ray data like above or any other way in NT8 in different time frames, where these rays are drawn in different time frame?

Any suggestion and direction towards correct way will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hello asmmbillah,

Thanks for your post.

For a manually drawn object, on the chart where your script is applied, you can iterate through the draw objects collection to find that draw object of interest and once found can then collect the information about that object (such as the start/end anchors price/time and then in the case of a Ray, project the rays value as previously shown in post #8 of your thread: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...pe-line-in-nt8

Please see, "Looping through the collection to find specific draw objects" here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...rawobjects.htm

Regarding, "I am confused whether is it possible to store manually rendered ray data like above or any other way in NT8 in different time frames, where these rays are drawn in different time frame?" A script would only be applicable to the chart that it is applied to.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Comment

Hi,

I am using below code to store and print ema value for multi time frame on single chart:

private Dictionary<string,EmaValue> emaValue = new Dictionary<string,EmaValue>();

private class EmaValue
        {
        public double emaValue {get; set;}
        }

foreach (KeyValuePair<string,EmaValue> kvp in emaValue)
        {
        string strBarsPeriod = kvp.Key;

double emaPoint = (kvp.Value.emaValue);

ClearOutputWindow();
        Print(DateTime.Now+"emaPoint value :"+emaPoint);
        }

But Output window print for the emaPont value shows always 0, am I doing something wrong here?

I will appreciate your help here. thanks in advance

Comment

Hello asmmbillah,

Thanks for your reply.

Forgetting about dictionaries for the moment, can you clarify if you trying to obtain the current value of the EMA on other time frames in your script or something more than that?

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I am trying to obtain current value of the ema on other time frames in my script and use it if statement for a condition to fillArrows on chart.

Comment

Hello asmmbillah,

Thanks for your reply.

If I may suggest it would be easier to obtain the current values by using something like:

EMA(Closes[1], period1)[0] where Closes[1] points to the close series of the 1st added data series (period1 is whatever you need for that EMA)
              EMA(Closes[2], period2)[0] where Closes[2] points to the close series of the 2nd added data series (period2 is whatever you need for that EMA)

Please see, " Using Bars Objects as Input to Indicator Methods" here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nstruments.htm

another example where using the same EMA period on 3 data series

if (Closes[0][0] > EMA(Closes[0], 14)[0] && Closes[0][0] > EMA(Closes[1], 14)[0] &&Closes[0][0] > EMA(Closes[2], 14)[0]) // is the current price (closes[0][0]) greater than the EMA on the chart bars (Closes[0]), greater than the EMA on the 1st added series and greater than the EMA on the 2nd added data series.

Please see the section, " Accessing the Price Data in a Multi-Bars NinjaScript" in the same link above.

Comment

thanks for your reply. Your suggestion is absolutely correct. but the problem is I have to use the plot this ema value relative to the time frame periods. that's why I need to use dictonary where time period is key and I am trying to store the ema as value and render the info on chart. I hope that make sense. I have made a quick clip for you to explain what I am trying to do and the link is below:
                https://www.dropbox.com/s/u6l6o69e9a...plain.mp4?dl=0

I am also attaching the trimmed code related to the issue here with for your ref.
                Probably I am missing something. any help and direction to the rsolution will be very helpful.
                Last edited by asmmbillah; 09-19-2019, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Hello asmmbillah,

Thanks for your reply and appreciate the video.

You should still be able to use the current values, from each time frame, as I explained previously as it is much simpler and direct process As you are ultimately using the values in OnRender, what I recommend is that in OnBarUpdate() you access the current EMA values and store them in class level double values and then in OnRender() access those class level variables for the latest values. As you are using Calculate.OnEachTick you will be able to retrieve the very current values.

I've created a short script and applied that to a chart along with proof of how the values match what is shown on the other time frames: https://Paul-ninjaTrader.tinytake.co...Nl8xMTUxMjk0Nw

Comment

Thanks for the reply and the clip. That was very helpful.

I would appreciate, if you could give a hint on how you would implement those EMA values in OnRender(). That could help me to make rest of the changes.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hello asmmbillah,

Thanks for your reply.

At the class level, create double variables for each different EMA value to provide to Onrender(), example

private double ema1, ema2, ema3;

Here is an example specifically where the class level variables can be created:

public class PriceAlertNT8 : Indicator
                      {
                      private double price = 0;
                      private bool triggered = false;
                      private bool triggerOnGreaterThan = false;
                      private bool triggerSet = false;
                      private HorizontalLine alertLine = null;
                      private double lineVal = 0;
                      protected override void OnStateChange()

In the OnBarUpdate() section:

ema1 = EMA(Closes[n], 10)[0]; // store the current 10 period EMA from the added data series n where you would replace n with the specific added data series number, into the double ema1.

In OnRender(), use ema1 as needed.

Comment

Thanks a lot, that solved the problem. Following your suggestions, I could resolve the problem. thanks again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
                        16 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Leafcutter  
                        Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post WHICKED