Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BarNumber

Is there a bar numbering indicator?
    A number is printed under every candle. So for example, from 08:00 in the morning, the bars start numbering from 1.

Hello Grantx,

Thanks for your post.

You are welcome to review, download, and use any of the indicators in the Ecosystem user apps section here: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-share/ This contains both NT7 and NT8 so you can filter through the "show all" button. Please note: The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Taking a quick look I see this indicator that may meet your needs: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...d/bar-counter/
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello, is there a way to have the numbering start on the 1st candle of today's market session instead of when I first login?

Comment

Hello ChasK,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

As you posted in this thread where we referenced the indicator add-on bar counter I assume your question relates to that indicators?

If so the indicator will use the session of the chart and will number the bars, historical and real-time relative to the start of the session.

If the instrument you are observing has Extended Trading Hours then you would see the session start about 4 or 5 PM depending on your time zone.

If you want to see only the Regular Trading hours then you can change the trading hours template of the data series of the chart to restrict your view and thus the bar counting to Regular trading hours only.

Or, if you want to see the extended hours but only count the regular trading hours, you can add a second data series to the chart of the very same instrument and bars and put them in the same panel, and on the added series change the trading hours to the regular trading hours, finally assign the indicators input series to the added data series. I've attached an example of what this would look like with today's data on ES 09-21: Note that my chart is on Mountain time so Market Open of regular trading hours is 7:30 AM on the chart

Click image for larger version  Name:	ChasK-1.PNG Views:	0 Size:	84.6 KB ID:	1164179
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Paul!

Comment

Hi Paul,

I made the changes but as you can see on the attached screenshot my 1st bar is still around 9:30am. I am in Pacific/Vancouver time zone. Not sure if I have to make changes in the Trading Hours of CME widow area?

Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 8.25.38 PM.png
Views:	1074
Size:	344.6 KB
ID:	1164399
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello ChasK,

This is Jim responding on behalf of Paul who is out of the office at this time.

The linked script starts counting bars by what is identified as the first bar of session, and this is controlled by the Trading Hours template. Trading Hours templates are built in relativity to the timezone of their exchange and the time displayed on the chart is relative to the timezone entered in the Control Center's Tools > Options > General menu.

It sounds like you want to adjust the timezone that you have entered in the platform as the CME US Index Futures RTH template starts at 8:30AM Central time.

We look forward to assisting.
              JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jim, Thanks for getting back to me. I think I made all the changes but as you can see from the attached screenshots Bar 1 is still showing 9:30am. Not sure what I am messing up, be great for any help. Cheers! Click image for larger version

Name:	With Bar Number & Local time.png
Views:	1051
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	1164589Click image for larger version

Name:	My clock setting shwoing local time.png
Views:	1048
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	1164590Click image for larger version

Name:	Template copy of CME ETH with new time & local time zone.png
Views:	1042
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	1164591

Comment

Hello ChasK,

Please see the demonstration video I have attached.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AQ1...w?usp=drivesdk

The data series is using CME US Index Futures RTH as the Trading Hours template, and my timezone is set to Pacific time. I restarted the platform after I changed my timezone.

The time displayed for the first bar on the chart is 6:35 AM. This is because the session breaks at 8:30AM Central for the RTH Trading Hours template and the first five minute bar closed 5 minutes after this. Since the time gets translated to Pacific time (because that is the timezone we entered in the Control Center,) the time on the chart shows 6:35AM when it is 8:35AM Central time when the bar closes.

Comment

Hello,

I added the second data series & set the Bar Count to RTH, is all working but my chart is now showing 2 bars per 5 minutes. Help, please!

Comment

Hello ChasK,

So we can assist further, please attach screenshots of each data series window, as well as screenshots of the indicator settings, and the affected chart so we can see the symptom.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Here are the screenshots of my chart & indicator settings. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 10.02.20 AM.png
Views:	1012
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	1166805Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 10.01.46 AM.png
Views:	1008
Size:	147.2 KB
ID:	1166806

Comment

I have also uploaded the data series settings, 1 for ETH & 1 for RTH Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 10.12.52 AM.png
Views:	1012
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	1166808Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 10.12.18 AM.png
Views:	1001
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	1166809

Comment

Hello ChasK,

Thanks for sharing the screenshots to better illustrate your issue.

You essentially have the two data series set to plot in the same panel and both data series will then draw their bars on the chart. You can set the RTH data series to use a Transparent brush for their up and down colors as well as the wick, and those data series will appear invisible, but still on the chart. The indicators would not know the difference for the colors chosen for the bars.

Comment

Hi Jim, That works perfectly. Thank you so much.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post DJ888
                              by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes