Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Sound if else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sound if else

I have an indicator with if with 7 or 8 else if I have put a sound option in an "else if" but once it is executed, the sound is executed 8 times in a row ... I have tried to put the sound out but when it is executed the same thing happens, how can I break the sound so that a sound is executed? once? if {} else if {} else if { Alert(CurrentBar.ToString(), Priority.High, "Alert4", WAVFileName1, 1, Brushes.White, Brushes.Green);} else if {} if{} .... etc

Hello anmir55,

Can you provide a larger sample of the logic used to control the alerts?

If you are hearing the sound 8 times that would mean the logic was called 8 times. It sounds like you tried what I would suggest or to move the Alert to another area however I would need to see what you did to understand why that's not working.

I would need to see a more specific example of the syntax to know why it was called more than once.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by anmir55 View Post
      I have an indicator with if with 7 or 8 else if I have put a sound option in an "else if" but once it is executed, the sound is executed 8 times in a row ... I have tried to put the sound out but when it is executed the same thing happens, how can I break the sound so that a sound is executed? once? if {} else if {} else if { Alert(CurrentBar.ToString(), Priority.High, "Alert4", WAVFileName1, 1, Brushes.White, Brushes.Green);} else if {} if{} .... etc
      It sounds like you may have spurious semicolons on your "if" clauses.

Comment

How can I identify them because if I delete them I will have a ninja compilation error ....

Comment

Hello anmir55,

We would need to see more of a sample in this case, I agree with koganam it sounds like from the description your conditions are falling through in some way. From what has been provided I can't really see what may be happening, if you can provide the whole if statement you are using that would help, if that is a large section of code you may need to make a quick sample of your if statement and just include where you use the alert.

I would also suggest using the "A" button at the top of the forums text editor, it will expand options including the "#" for wrapping code, this would be helpful so its not just a long line of text and keeps its spacing/doesn't loose any formatting.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
          JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by anmir55 View Post
            How can I identify them because if I delete them I will have a ninja compilation error ....
            Just look at the lines to see if there is a terminal semi-colon. A common and annoying mistake that I have done many times.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by rocketman7, Today, 01:00 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post rocketman7  
            Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes