Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Laguerre Re-coded from NT7 to NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laguerre Re-coded from NT7 to NT8

Hi,

I am trying to code the Laguerre indicator I have in NT7 for use in NT8.

I am getting the following error message "NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Series<double>" does not contain a definition for "Set" and no extension method "Set" accepting a first argument of type "NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Series<double>" could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

The custom indicator logic I copied from NT7 concludes with "LaguerreOut.Set(LRSI)" and it is this final piece of code which is generating the above error message.

I have attached a screen shot of the error and relevant line of code.

If you could please advise me how to resolve this final coding error that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attached Files

Hello Bressay Boy,

Thanks for your post.

When converting code from Nt7 to NT8 we recommend reviewing the code breaking changes reference in the NT8 help guide, here is a link for your convenience: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ng_changes.htm In the referenced help guide you would find, "The DataSeries.Set() method used to assign Data Series or Plot values has been removed and values can now be stored using a single assignment operator:"

This means all you need to do is change the line: LaguerreOut.Set(LRSI) to LaguerreOut[0] = LRSI;

I'm not sure is this is the same indicator as what you are converting but we converted most of the NT7 indicators on the support forum to NT8 as a convenience for all. We've moved the forum files to the ecosystem, here is a link to the LaguerreAdaptiveFilter for NT8: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...daptivefilter/ Please note: The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the quick and helpful response Paul - that fixed the issue. It's the Laguerre RSI indicator I'm working with (an adaption of the common RSI indicator) as opposed to the Laguerre adaptive filter.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
      166 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post sidlercom80  
      Started by thread, Yesterday, 11:58 PM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes