Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Pice+ previous Daily ATR in intraday chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pice+ previous Daily ATR in intraday chart

Hi,

I would like to draw two lines or two marks in an intraday chart,

1.- the daily open price + the daily ATR value from the previous day;
    2.- the daily open price - the daily ATR value from the previous day

I'll really apreciate your help.

Many thanks,
    ​​​​​​​Marc

Hello Marc,

Thanks for your post.

Depending on what instruments you would use this on, You could add daily bars and capture the ATR from those bars then it is a matter of obtaining the current days Open price which you can do by checking the open price of the bar when the system bool BarsISFirstBarOfSession is true. Next you could draw the two lines of interest either by using a Draw.Line() method or using a plot for each line.

If you would like to create this yourself, we can provide you with links to get you started with Ninjascript which is based on the C# programming language. If you are already comfortable with programming we can direct you to the methods./properties to accomplish your goals.

If you would like it created for you, we can provide references to 3rd party programmer who would be able to meet your needs.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

double range = 0;

if(Bars.GetDayBar(1) != null)
      {
      range = Math.Abs(Bars.GetDayBar(1).High - Bars.GetDayBar(1).Low);
      }

Use this in conjunction with Paul's suggestion of the system bool Bars.IsFirstBarOfSession so it only checks once

Comment

Thank you very much for your help. I guess it is something pretty easy but I am not use to programing. Please, let me know someone that can programe it. Thanks in advance

Comment

Hello marcara,

Thank you for your reply.

You can search our extensive library of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more:You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Hi Cristpher.
            Thanks for your offer. I think that it is something really easy, so If you can point me out the methods/properties and some basics or similar examples I will try to do myself and I will save 350$. I remmeber waht I would like to do:

I would like to draw two lines or two marks in an intraday chart, ONLY For the current day (lines or marks or text, similar to a pivot point)

1.- the daily open price + the daily ATR value from the previous day;
            2.- the daily open price - the daily ATR value from the previous day

Many thans in advance

Comment

Hello Marc,

Thanks for your reply.

"Depending on what instruments you would use this on, You could add daily bars and capture the ATR from those bars then it is a matter of obtaining the current days Open price which you can do by checking the open price of the bar when the system bool BarsISFirstBarOfSession is true. Next you could draw the two lines of interest either by using a Draw.Line() method or using a plot for each line."

References to methods and properties:

Instead of ATR, you could also use as member chnh1 suggested in his post for obtaining the range. Part of the answer depends on what instrument you are using. For example if using futures, the daily bar may or may not include the settlement price as the close value which would be a slightly different value. references: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...?getdaybar.htm

You may want to review the existing indicators in the public free section of the ecossytem to see if there is anything close to what you need, here is a link to that site: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-share/ You can filter through the "show all" button. Please note: The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
              Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by rdtdale, Today, 01:02 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post rdtdale
              by rdtdale

Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
              3 responses