Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

code cross reference between ThinkorSwim and NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

code cross reference between ThinkorSwim and NT8

I am trying to convert ThinkorSwim codes into NT8. Is there any code cross reference guide on this site or somewhere else? I appreciate your help.
    Last edited by sukhob; 11-02-2019, 03:30 PM.

Hello sukhob, thanks for your post.

Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any sample conversions from TOS language to NinjaScript. I can see about locating any similar methods or properties if you let me know what they do in the TOS language.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

My Experience...

I have been using TOS for many years and purchased NT is April.

I was unable to find any conversions to NT.

I wound up trying to find similar open source indicators - strategies for NT and tweaking them to replicate what I have in TOS

I looked for programmers to help I couldn't find any that convert TOS to NT although I was told by a programmer there are people who do it. The programmers I was able to talk to wanted me to describe what I wanted and they would build it from scratch.

Converting has been a very time consuming process. In the meantime I am running TOS and NT.

Comment

Originally posted by sdauteuil View Post
        My Experience...

I have been using TOS for many years and purchased NT is April.

I was unable to find any conversions to NT.

I wound up trying to find similar open source indicators - strategies for NT and tweaking them to replicate what I have in TOS

I looked for programmers to help I couldn't find any that convert TOS to NT although I was told by a programmer there are people who do it. The programmers I was able to talk to wanted me to describe what I wanted and they would build it from scratch.

Converting has been a very time consuming process. In the meantime I am running TOS and NT.
        post your TOS chart with clear label of each indicator on the chart. I am pretty sure I can reproduce most of them on NT.

Comment

I have 3 bar reversal codes in Thinkscript. Can you pls convert to Ninja Trader? Also I need Moving average cloud to be made as shown. Pls assist. Tks Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-09-10-TOS_CHARTS.png
Views:	552
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	1170793 8 code

Comment

I have complete code for both EMA cloud and 3 Bar reversal. I can post if needed

Comment

Hi jrgopalan, thanks for posting.

The support team can not provide full conversion services. A member of the NinjaTrader Ecosystem might be able to hire for a full conversion. You may also search in the ecosystem app share sight:

Kind regards.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
              Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by habeebft, Today, 07:27 AM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherS  
              Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
              1 response
              0 likes