Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Comparing two VMA values to determine trend - Plotting in Market Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comparing two VMA values to determine trend - Plotting in Market Analyzer

Hello does anyone know of a indicator that compares two moving average values and can plot the result in the market analyzer. I am looking to determine the following
    2 VMA Plots (15 and 50)
    Is the 15 above the 50?
    Are the 15 and 50 above or below current price.
    Looking to color code results in the market analyzer for a quick status reference

I am looking for some code that might do something like this. I am not a active programmer so I am looking for some starting point without have to start from scratch.

Thanks,
    mark

Hello markbb10,

Thanks for your post.

I am not aware of such an indicator. You are welcome to review, download, use any of the publicly available free indicators here: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...r-8-indicators Please note: The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

If you want to create this yourself, we can provide links to educational resources for learning Ninjascript. If you would like this created for you, we can provide a link to 3rd party programmers.

If you want to create an indicator, you may want to provide for it to be able to select from any number of moving average types, we have an educational example of this that may be a starting point for you: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ned_parame.htm

For the market analyzer, you would need a transparent "signal" plot. Transparent because you likely do not want to show this on the chart because a signal plot values will be quite different than the moving average values. The signal plot values would be what you decide based on the conditions you are trying to represent. For example a +1 might mean 15 above 50 and above current price, -1 might mean 15 below the 50 and below the current price, 0 might mean neither condition is true. You can extend this numerical out any way you wish as long as you know what the values mean. Then, in the market analyzer, you would work with the values of the plot and set the cell conditions according to the values of the plot.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by Stanfillirenfro, Today, 07:23 AM
    9 responses
    0 likes