Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Indicator F5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator F5

Hello,

I´m experiencing a strange issue that I have never had before in 10 years. An indicator (running with COBCtrue) does not plot correct the drawings from conditions. Only when I click F5 then all drawings are immediately correct in the chart. What might be the reason for this please?

Thank you!
    Tony

Hello tonynt,

Thank you for the post.

Just to confirm is this a custom indicator or a platform indicator?

If the indicator is not plotting correctly in realtime you would likely need to review the parts of your script that deals with realtime. When reloading with F5 your script will reprocess all the bars as historical so that would give a hint that some of your realtime logic is not working as expected. If you have any filters like if(State == State.Realtime) you may want to check that portion of the logic.

If the indicator has been working and just stopped working I would suggest first trying some basic troubleshooting steps such as removing the indicator from where it is applied, restarting the platform and then reloading historical data before re applying it.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. Its a custom indicator: I use the orderflowcumulativedelta (with same code as in a strategy where it is working ok), means I have
      else if (State == State.Configure)
      {
      AddDataSeries(Data.BarsPeriodType.Tick, 1);
      }
      else if (State == State.DataLoaded)
      {
      OrderFlowCumulativeDelta1 = OrderFlowCumulativeDelta(Close, NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.CumulativeDelta Type.BidAsk, NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.CumulativeDelta Period.Session, 0);
      }

and in onbarupdate eg
      if(
      OrderFlowCumulativeDelta1.DeltaClose[0] < OrderFlowCumulativeDelta1.DeltaOpen[0])
      {
      if(Closes[0][0]<Opens[0][0]

Thats it. What might be the reason from this simple code that there are plotted more dots than should be from calculation, and only when I click F5 the wrong dots are removed and from all the dots the correct ones are only plotted now as they should.

Thank you!
      Tony
      Last edited by tonynt; 11-11-2019, 03:56 PM. Reason: translation error

Comment

Hello tonynt,

Thank you for the reply.

You noted that this is all the code you have used however the sample for OrderFlowCumulativeDelta has more to it, do you have the complete code from the help guide in your script? https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...umulativeDelta

The sample shows what is required, the BIP 1 logic is necessary do you have that?

You didn't include any BarsInProgress checks in your sample, are you using any and which is this code being executed from?

Comment

Hello Jesse,

thank you for your reply. Yes, I forgot to add the BIP1 logic. I have now
          ifBIP==0 (logic of indicator for plotting)
          if (BarsInProgress == 1)
          {OrderFlowCumulativeDelta1.Update(OrderFlowCumulat iveDelta1.BarsArray[1].Count - 1, 1); // note that I changed the name to what the strategy builder created.}

but it still plots where condition is not true and only after F5 persist the plottings that are correct.

??

Thank you!
          Tony

Comment

Hello tonynt,

From the added details I would not be certain what the problem is, do you have a simplified sample script that you can provide that demonstrates the issue? I would mainly need to see how the indicator is being used and what is being plotted in addition to the steps to see the issue. .

Comment

Hello Jesse,

thank you for your reply. I attach a simplified code.

Tony
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello tonynt,

Before we continue with this sample can you check if removing the following line makes a difference in your test?

Code:
                [B]if (BarsInProgress != 0) 
                                return;
                [/B]

Later in the file you have:

Code:
                    if (BarsInProgress == 1)  // This is the code example from the help guide, it runs when the 1 tick series calls OnBarUpdate and is needed to sync the values.
                            {
                                  // We have to update the secondary series of the hosted indicator to make sure the values we get in BarsInProgress == 0 are in sync
                                  OrderFlowCumulativeDelta1.Update(OrderFlowCumulativeDelta1.BarsArray[1].Count - 1, 1);   // note that I changed the name to what the strategy builder created.
                //                OrderFlowCumulativeDelta2.Update(OrderFlowCumulativeDelta2.BarsArray[1].Count - 1, 1);    // note that I changed the name to what the strategy builder created.
                            }
                This code won't run because you already had returned if BarsInProgress was not 0. BarsInProgress 1's logic is not being executed with the current conditions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post bmartz
                by bmartz

Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                4 responses