Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Best Indicator for getting who is in control of the market in the current session?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Indicator for getting who is in control of the market in the current session?

Which are the best indicators for finding out who is controlling the current session - the bulls or the bears? I am yet to find a good indicator that can easily (and visually if possible) tell me if the current session has more and/or stronger buyers than sellers. Please let me know any recommendations you may have (preferably free ones haha). Thanks in advance.

Hello mbesha,

I just wanted to provide a quick note as there are some indicators that come with NinjaTrader which have bull/bear related logic/descriptions. I would suggest searching the help guide for the term "bear" to see these results. The Candlestick pattern is one item that has some detection for bull/bear patterns. The BOP indicator is a measure of bull/bear markets. A few other indicators come up in the search in relation to the terms and how they can be used.

I am certain other community members will respond with their experience here as well.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by mbesha View Post
      Which are the best indicators for finding out who is controlling the current session - the bulls or the bears? I am yet to find a good indicator that can easily (and visually if possible) tell me if the current session has more and/or stronger buyers than sellers. Please let me know any recommendations you may have (preferably free ones haha). Thanks in advance.
      The Market Internals: specifically, the Market Breadth, the Advance-Decline line, the NYSE TICK, the Arms Index. The devil, of course, is in the interpretation thereof.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
      1 response
      1 like
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
      Started by EB Worx, 04-04-2023, 02:34 AM
      7 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post VFI26