Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Add Target method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add Target method

Is there a NinjaScript method that executes the function of adding a target to an active atm strategy, just like you can do on the SuperDOM? (+Target / -Target functionality) I would like to execute this from an indicator on my chart. Thanks.
    Last edited by martyn73; 11-17-2019, 03:38 PM.

Hi martyn73, thanks for your post.

The template for the ATM defines the targets an ATM will have. One would need to change the ATM strategy template to do this. After an ATM entry order is created with ATMStrategyCreate you can use any of the management methods on this page:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...stoptarget.htm

This can certainly be done with stop and target orders/entry orders generated by the strategy itself. There is an example on making an ATM-like strategy here:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...and_onexec.htm
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Chris, trying to wrap my brain around what you are trying to say here. When I look at any of the Atm Strategy methods I don't see how I could "split" a target into two replicating the +Target functionality. For example using AtmStrategyChangeStopTarget() I can only move an entire lot. Since I can't specify the quantity, I can not move a portion of that lot. Which would simulate the split functionality. Are you saying this is just not possible? How is it done from the SuperDom, is there a NinjaScript method?

Regarding your second comment, I understand this could be done when not using Atm Strategies, and create my own Atm-like version. But I want to apply this functionality to Atm Strategies only. Really just replicating what you can do on the SuperDOM, but providing that option on the chart.

Comment

Hi martyn73, thanks for your reply.

There are no methods to change a certain target through ATM strategy management functions. The Account class has many order management methods, so this will be the best tool to use for order entry from an indicator.

Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post chbruno
        by chbruno

Started by josh18955, 03-25-2023, 11:16 AM
        6 responses