Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Getting up to speed quickly with NT8 development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting up to speed quickly with NT8 development

Hi all, newbie here. At least I am a newbie to Ninja Trader and this forum, however I have been developing professionally in C# since it's inception. I come from a TradeStation (EasyLanguage) background and have been diligently studying quant trading for about the last three months. I have created numerous indicators and a few strategies on TS platform and would like to convert them to NT8. However I am struggling a bit with the mechanics of how the NT Script libraries work.

Are there any good resources for quickly gaining an in depth understanding of the C# code libraries that make Ninja Script work? I have looked at some of the videos but many of them seem to be geared toward someone with little or no C# programming experience. Please, help me cut through the noise, i.e. you must have matching parens and brackets, and get to the real meat of programming this great platform.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi NeverDownMoney, thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forum.

There is a good post from our colleague Chelsea here that goes through the beginnings of learning NinjaScript:

For learning C# syntax and semantics, I recommend the dotnetpearls website:

Browse examples for many languages, with explanations and code side by side for easy understanding.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post junkone
    by junkone

Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM