Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

outside bar indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

outside bar indicator

hello, curious if anyone would be able to change this outside bar code instead of just painting one color for all outside bars to be able to change the fill color for up bar and down bars separately... here is the attached code via .cs file
    thank you in advance!
    Attached Files

Hello chinapassage,

This thread will remain open for any community members that would like to modify this script as a convenience to you.

I am happy to answer any questions you may have about NinjaScript if you decide to code this yourself.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

i did pay to have it coded for myself but as i was trying to copy and paste from another indicator that does paint it correctly i wasn't having much luck... so i posted the original code back in here to see if you all might have a quick solution.

Comment

Hello chinapassage,

If you decide to code this yourself, you can compare the Close[0] to the Open[0].
        Code:
        if (Close[0] > Open[0])
        {
        // this is an up bar as the close is greater than the open
        // set BarBrush to the up Brush color
        }

Below is a link to a forum post with helpful information about getting started with NinjaScript.

Comment

Hello chinapassage,

A community member would like to import your script and is requesting that you export the script with the proper steps and post this to this thread.

To export a NinjaTrader 8 NinjaScript so this can be shared and imported by the recipient do the following:
          1. Click Tools -> Export -> NinjaScript...
          2. Click the 'add' link -> check the box(es) for the script(s) and reference(s) you want to include
          3. Click the 'Export' button
          4. Enter a unique name for the file in the value for 'File name:'
          5. Choose a save location -> click Save
          6. Click OK to clear the export location message
          By default your exported file will be in the following location:
          • (My) Documents/NinjaTrader 8/bin/Custom/ExportNinjaScript/<export_file_name.zip>
          Below is a link to the help guide on Exporting NinjaScripts.
          http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...-us/export.htm

Once exported, please attach the file as an attachment to your post.

Comment

yeah every time since i have moved to AMD platform when i goto export i get a complete lock up regardless of indicator.... here is a quick picture: https://www.screencast.com/t/IvgJnJtv Once ninja has resolved this issue i will try and post the requested script.

it only occurs when i try to export a script as noted above otherwise everything works normally on ninja just the export function has gotten screwy.

Comment

Hello chinapassage,

Does this occur with all workspaces closed in a new workspace on a new chart with only the SMA indicator applied?

If so, I would like to schedule a call with you so that you may demonstrate this.

Comment

ChelseaB,
                yes it occurs on a new workspace as stated above... i have tried a dozen times to no avail so i will just drop the .cs file in here and you guys are welcome to complile.... there are 3 different ones ...one that just colors the wick...and one that color up and one that colors down if you want a specificed color ... hope it helps. havent had time to schedule a call to fix the issue.

i just ask any fixes or enhancements would be posted here so that we can all benefit from this work. thank you very much for that consideration.
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello chinapassage,

There may be a script on your system causing an issue with exporting.

Please make a clean environment (a new secondary Documents\NinjaTrader 8\ folder) that can be used just for exporting scripts.

Below is a link to a forum post with instructions for this.
                  https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...373#post803373

For testing, before adding any custom code, please create a new indicator or strategy with no custom logic.

In a clean environment can this be reproduced when exporting a new blank script?

In the clean environment can the behavior be reproduced after adding the custom scripts and exporting?

Comment

thanks, not gonna do that at the moment i dont feel like reinstalling all my 3rd party indicators again from scratch... but thanks.

you have all that is needed feel free to zip it up and add it here so that someone can easily import it. Or they can just use the .cs file and learn how to add it that way.

i have no compilation errors when compiling an indicator or importing... so probably is something in there...always something with ninja :-) ill re-install ninja at a later date... wish you the best....and feel free to pass it along just ask any tweeks be put back in here.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                    7 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton  
                    Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse