Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Lock the order router automatically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lock the order router automatically

Hello Ninjas

I would like to develop an indicator that monitors real-time daily result (profit / loss) and according to a logic of risk management I want to block the user to send of new orders in the current day. Only in the next day will the system be able to send new orders.

Is possible lock the NT8 order router?

If have some tip share with me.
    Thanks.

Hello MarceloF,

Thank you for the post.

You can certainly monitor the account directly but there is not really any way to prevent the user from manually using the tools of the platform. If a user wanted to utilize the manual order functions, there is really no way to block that other than extensively modifying all controls throughout the platform. Additionally, if the user had any NinjaScript running that submits orders, that's another case that really couldn't be globally blocked.

You could block your own script from submitting orders by using logic but I would be unsure of a way to prevent the user from otherwise using the platform.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jesse for the answer
      The number of customer interested in a system that blocks the platform has incresing. Generally they want to make this type of security system that not letting negotiate more in the day after reaching predetermined losse or goal.

A command to disconnect the NT8 automatically? Do you know of any command for this?

Thanks

Comment

Hello MarceloF,

There is currently no command like this. As noted if you want your custom system to have a cutoff switch you could implement that by using logic and the account performance metrics. There is currently no NinajScript way to prevent a user from using the platform or submitting orders.

It would be advisable when the user wants to stop trading live that they disable any NinjaScript strategies that are running, disconnect and then enable the Tools -> Global Simulation Mode as that prevents live accounts from being selected throughout the platform. This is not able to be toggled while strategies that have a live account selected are applied.

It would also not be advisable to block the user in any way like this. If they need to take action on an existing order or position and are prevented that would be a very bad situation to get into when it is not necessary. If the user was blocked and needed to manage something they would be required to call the orders desk in case of a problem. It would be advisable to manage the order/position from the users end where it could be done quickly without waiting.

If the problem is self-control, I really couldn't suggest anything on the platform that could help with this. Any NinjaScript logic you create, you can lock by using your own logic. This would not prevent the user from disabling and re-enabling the item, but you could build further locking into an addon in which the strategy reads from for later restarts.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by hurleydood, 09-12-2019, 10:45 AM
        14 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Board game geek  
        Started by cre8able, Yesterday, 04:16 PM
        1 response
        0 likes