Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Projected End Volume Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Projected End Volume Indicator

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone knew of a volume indicator that would show current volume on a bar, as well as project in real time what the bar will look like at close.

For example, using a 10 minute chart, the previous volume bar closed at 1000 contracts traded. We are now two minutes into the current bar with 400 contracts traded. I'm looking for an indicator that would show the currently traded 400 contracts in bright red or green (depending on price movement), and also project in dark red or green what the bar should look like on close assuming incoming volume remains steady - in this case the dark red or green would project the bar at twice the height (2000 contracts) of the previous volume bar. This would continually be projecting in real time until the bright red or green fills the bar at close.

Hope that makes sense. I'm fairly certain I used to have an indicator like this in the past.

-A

Hello Atari,

Thank you for your post.

I'm unfamiliar with such an indicator that would forecast the bar like that - have you checked our User App Share? That's publicly available here:

I'll leave this thread open in case one of our users may be able to provide you with where to find something like you're looking for..

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kate, I did do some searching around including in the User App Share.

I found this from 2012, but it doesn't look like it shows current vol and projected end: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...lume-at-close/

I also found the below thread from 2007 where the second question is asking for basically the same thing. Lost Trader replied with an indicator and image that looks like it's projecting the volume in yellow. It could work, even though it's not exactly what I'm looking for graphically, but I figured it wouldn't work since it was so old.

Comment

Hello Atari,

Thank you for your reply.

You're right, the one you found from 2007 wouldn't work in NinjaTrader 8 - at a quick glance, it would likely still work in the most recent version of 7. However, if you're okay with NinjaScript, it doesn't look like it would be too terribly difficult for you to convert it from 7 to 8. Here's a link to our help guide that goes over Code Breaking Changes between NinjaTrader 7 and 8:

If you don't want to do it yourself, let me know if you'd like information on NinjaScript Consultants who could create a version of this for you.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes