Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

2 Scroll Wheel Zoom mouse indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Scroll Wheel Zoom mouse indicators

Over time trading on ninja I have found 2 indicators that allow you to zoom in and out with the scroll wheel on your mouse.
    One is free and great, but you have to hold control for the scroll to work. This one is smooth and works best.
    The other I have bought. It doesn't require you to hold control, but is a bit jumpy and not as smooth.

Is there any one out there that can create a smooth scroll wheel zoom feature without control and combine the best of both worlds?!?!?!

Details:

1. Paid indicator for zoom, but its a bit jumpy. It's was $75
    Smart Zoom Indicator For NinjaTrader 8 - ninZa.co

2. Free indicator for zoom while holding control. This one is part of a pack that is also useful to toggle on indicators and drawings and trades. It was created by someone on this forum named armybender who I have not been able to get in touch with.

Updated: March 12th, 2017 This is an indicator that adds a toolbar to the main menu area of each chart window. It will add 4 buttons to every tab in the window to perform the following functions: A button to toggle on / off all drawing items in the currently selected tab by switching "visible […]

Someone could take the code from the 2nd free indicator and make it scroll without control.
    Why ninja doesn't have this option to scroll like normal idk! They assume there userbase would get lost in the chart if they could grab the chart and move and zoom....... Tradingview charts has the best zoom/chart movement by far it should be the standard.

Hello edmondg3,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Ninjatrader forums!

We will leave this open for anyone who would like to assist you with a custom script. An alternative here would be to hire a 3rd party programmer to create what you need and if this is of interest please let us know and we can provide a link to 3rd party programmers.

Just FYI, you can use the keyboard keys of Ctrl and either the up arrow or down arrow to achieve the same zoom effect which is really just changing of the bar spacing. I realize that is not as simple as a scrolling wheel but wanted to mention it in case it was not known. The advantage here is that you don't need to add a custom indicator to each chart to use that functionality as it is built in. If you are interested in other chart moving functionality, please see the help guide here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ng_a_chart.htm

I will also create a feature request to cover the ability to enable/option the mouse scroll wheel as a way to change the bar spacing on the charts instead of a left/right scroll function. A feature request does not mean it will or will not be implemented but does allow us to track interest in such a feature. Once I have the feature request, i will update this thread.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello edmondg3,

Just to close the loop.

The feature request and your vote has added to the existing feature request identified as SFT-2756, "Ability to remap mouse".

If the feature request is implemented, it would be listed in the release note of the version it is first released here. For your convenience, here is a link tot the release notes in the help guide: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Hi
        please add my vote

Comment

Thanks for your feedback weeclemans,

You vote has been added.
          JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
            Hello edmondg3,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Ninjatrader forums!

We will leave this open for anyone who would like to assist you with a custom script. An alternative here would be to hire a 3rd party programmer to create what you need and if this is of interest please let us know and we can provide a link to 3rd party programmers.

Just FYI, you can use the keyboard keys of Ctrl and either the up arrow or down arrow to achieve the same zoom effect which is really just changing of the bar spacing. I realize that is not as simple as a scrolling wheel but wanted to mention it in case it was not known. The advantage here is that you don't need to add a custom indicator to each chart to use that functionality as it is built in. If you are interested in other chart moving functionality, please see the help guide here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ng_a_chart.htm

I will also create a feature request to cover the ability to enable/option the mouse scroll wheel as a way to change the bar spacing on the charts instead of a left/right scroll function. A feature request does not mean it will or will not be implemented but does allow us to track interest in such a feature. Once I have the feature request, i will update this thread.
            Add my vote too, if I could use mouse wheel to zoom in and out like every other chart platform, you would have my money!

Comment

Hello XM010-3841,

Thanks for your post.

Your vote has been added!

Comment

There is a new AddOn in the Ninja ECOSystem called BetterChartScale that addresses this: BetterChartScale

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post chbruno