Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Saving a copy of the standard RSI to create some personal changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving a copy of the standard RSI to create some personal changes

Hi
    I am completely new to NT and C#. I want to save a copy of the RSI and other indicators to make some personal tweaks. When i copy and go to save using a new filename, i get the message that it cannot be saved as "RSI" (or whatever the indicator is) already exits in Ninjatrader....indicators. Is there a quick and easy way (some simple change to the code) that will allow me to create a copy?
    Thanks in advance
    Chris

Hello Swing123,

Thank you for the post.

The most simple way to make a copy of an existing item is to Open the existing item in the editor and then Right click -> Save As. This brings up a dialog where you can name it. RSI is not a valid name that can be used because there is already an item named RSI, you could use RSI2 or pretty much anything else which is not currently in use.

To further detail why you are having a problem it is because the Class of your indicator is being reused, the Class of the RSI is "RSI" so that cannot be reused again in a different script. This is a part of C# language, you would not be able to have the same type in the same namespace as a duplicate.

Using the Save As ensures that the Class gets renamed to what you specify along with the File name and the Name = ""; syntax in the script, there are technically 3 places for each script that would reflect its Name which are its Class its Name property and its Filename.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jesse
      Thanks for the quick reply. Re your first suggestion - this is what i expected to be able to do.

Thanks for the clarifiction. So 3 places. I'll take a look tomorrow and get back if i need to. I'm done for the day.
      Thanks
      Swing

Comment

Works like a treat. Thanks Jesse.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick