Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Data above or below bar using volumetric bars data order flow chart of NT8.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data above or below bar using volumetric bars data order flow chart of NT8.

How to make an indicator to display the data calculations using volumetric bars statistics data above or below each bar in order flow chart of NT8.

Hello avrege,

Thanks for your first post in the forums!

You can access the Volumetric bar data through Ninjascript. Here is a link to the help guide which provides an example of accessing all of the available data: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tric_bars2.htm

To display the data, you could use the Draw.text() method: https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/?draw_text.htm
    This would allow you to print above or below the bar, the text then will move as the bar moves on the chart.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you.I will try the same.

Comment

Is it possible to plot values and signals on candlestick chart from volumetric bars data series indicator?

Comment

Hello avrege,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you provide an example of what you want to do? I am asking because I can read your question a couple of different ways and want to make sure I match up my answer with what you really want to do.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
            Hello avrege,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you provide an example of what you want to do? I am asking because I can read your question a couple of different ways and want to make sure I match up my answer with what you really want to do.
            i want to compare bar statistics data like Delta Change , Buy Volume ,Sell Volume ,Total Volume with current bar to previous and their averages,Ratios etc and plot them with signals or some values on candlestick to get some clue which may help in decision making.

Comment

Hello avrege,

Thanks for your reply.

As previously advised in post #2 you can print the bar statistics on the chart where you wish using Draw.Text().

Regarding plots of those values, you can create an indicator that reads the Volumetric bar statistics through ninjascript as previously linked in post #2 and plot using the addPlot(): https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...8/?addplot.htm

I've created an example script of both using draw.text and plotting the min/max seen delta, using a volumetric chart as the input:

Click image for larger version

Name:	avrege-1.PNG
Views:	1389
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	1088215

Comment

Hello avrege,

Thanks for your reply.

As previously advised in post #2 you can print the bar statistics on the chart where you wish using Draw.Text().

Regarding plots of those values, you can create an indicator that reads the Volumetric bar statistics through ninjascript as previously linked in post #2 and plot using the addPlot(): https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...8/?addplot.htm

I've created an example script of both using draw.text and plotting the min/max seen delta, using a volumetric chart as the input:

Name:	avrege-1.PNG
Views:	1389
Size:	185.7 KB
ID:	1088215
                Thanks a lot for giving example but that i had done already with the help of your previous advise, i was asking to plot these on simple candlestick chart and not on Volumetric chart.Just want to pick data from volumetric series and plot them on normal candlestick chart.

Comment

Hello avrege,

Thanks for your reply.

In that case then you would need to add Volumetric bars to your script using AddVolumetric() and segment your code for BarsInProgress. here is the same example as previous but adding volumetric bars to the script and segmenting the code as needed:

Name:	avrege-2.PNG
Views:	1135
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	1088249

In both cases the help guide provide the references needed for using on a volumetric chart or using volumetric bars in a script for a non volumetric chart:

Comment

Hello avrege,

Thanks for your reply.

In that case then you would need to add Volumetric bars to your script using AddVolumetric() and segment your code for BarsInProgress. here is the same example as previous but adding volumetric bars to the script and segmenting the code as needed:

Name:	avrege-2.PNG
Views:	1135
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	1088249

In both cases the help guide provide the references needed for using on a volumetric chart or using volumetric bars in a script for a non volumetric chart:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tric_bars2.htm
                    Thank you so much,this is what i was looking for and it will really help me to get what i want.

Comment

i want to get buy sell signals of volumetric chart indicator on normal candlestick chart.how to do that.

Comment

Hello avrege,

Thanks for your reply.

As in the previous case where you wanted Volumetric data displayed as text on standard bar chart you had to add volumetric data series to your script, you would do the same.

Comment

Hello avrege,

Thanks for your reply.

As in the previous case where you wanted Volumetric data displayed as text on standard bar chart you had to add volumetric data series to your script, you would do the same.
                          Thank you i will try the same.

Comment

PaulH - This is really interesting and tried using the sample code you provided above to plot min/max seen delta using volumetric chart. But I'm getting MaxSeenDelta does not exist in the current context as error. Is it possible to provide the sample as a file for me to import and try?

Thank you very much

Comment

hi ,

You have to first declare it in the indicator class like this

private Series<double> maxDelta;

then inside OnBarUpdate method get the value inside it

maxDelta[0] = barsType.Volumes[CurrentBar].MaxSeenDelta;

*maxDelta is just a name ,you can name it your way.

try this hope it may help you.
                              thank you

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post yertle
                              by yertle

Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM